keyboard repeat rate absurd high: one key press can result in 20-30 characters - Mandriva

This is a discussion on keyboard repeat rate absurd high: one key press can result in 20-30 characters - Mandriva ; Hi, The keyboard repeat rate is much too high: and often get 20-30 characters when pressing a key just for a normal time. This happens even with the Rate of Keyboard Repeat in the Control Center on 1/s. Only workaround ...

  1. keyboard repeat rate absurd high: one key press can result in 20-30 characters

    Hi,

    The keyboard repeat rate is much too high: and often get 20-30 characters
    when pressing a key just for a normal time. This happens even with the Rate
    of Keyboard Repeat in the Control Center on 1/s.

    Only workaround is turning Keyboard Repeat off completely, but that's quite
    annoying when using the backspace and arrow keys.

    Any tips?

    Details: MandrivaLinux 2007.1, 4GB RAM, Asus M2A-VM HDMI, Athlon64 X2

    de Kameel

  2. Re: keyboard repeat rate absurd high: one key press can result in 20-30 characters

    De Kameel wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > The keyboard repeat rate is much too high: and often get 20-30 characters
    > when pressing a key just for a normal time. This happens even with the
    > Rate of Keyboard Repeat in the Control Center on 1/s.

    [snip]

    Wild guess: check the BIOS settings for auto repeat.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  3. Re: keyboard repeat rate absurd high: one key press can result in 20-30 characters

    Peter D. wrote:

    > De Kameel wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> The keyboard repeat rate is much too high: and often get 20-30 characters
    >> when pressing a key just for a normal time. This happens even with the
    >> Rate of Keyboard Repeat in the Control Center on 1/s.

    > [snip]
    >
    > Wild guess: check the BIOS settings for auto repeat.

    I'll do that (again), but the strange thing is:
    1) the annoying repeat won't happen while running off the live-CD
    2) the annoying will not happen all of the time while running off the
    harddisk
    3) the annoying repeat happens with both my USB and my ps2 keyboard

    de Kameel

+ Reply to Thread