VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring - Mandriva

This is a discussion on VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring - Mandriva ; I installed Windows Vista under VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring. I then wanted to install the Guest Additions, but the iso image could not be found. Is it on another place? Anyone successfully installed Guest Additions?...

  1. VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring

    I installed Windows Vista under VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring.
    I then wanted to install the Guest Additions, but the iso image could
    not be found. Is it on another place? Anyone successfully installed
    Guest Additions?

  2. Re: VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring

    Bert Aerts (rm X) wrote:

    > I installed Windows Vista under VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring.
    > I then wanted to install the Guest Additions, but the iso image could
    > not be found. Is it on another place? Anyone successfully installed
    > Guest Additions?

    The Additions iso is not included in the Open Source edition.

    If you download the latest Debian package from the Vbox web site,
    you can extract the iso from that package.

    Jim

  3. Re: VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring

    I uninstalled the OSE version and installed the full version downloaded
    from http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads: the rpm for Mandriva
    2007.1. I could not use my installed virtual machine from OSE in the
    full version. I installed a Windows XP as Vista has no support for
    network card. Installing Guest Additions went fine on XP. It works just
    great!

    James Kerr wrote:
    > Bert Aerts (rm X) wrote:
    >

    >>I installed Windows Vista under VirtualBox OSE in Mandriva 2007 Spring.
    >>I then wanted to install the Guest Additions, but the iso image could
    >>not be found. Is it on another place? Anyone successfully installed
    >>Guest Additions?

    > The Additions iso is not included in the Open Source edition.
    >
    > If you download the latest Debian package from the Vbox web site,
    > you can extract the iso from that package.
    >
    > Jim

+ Reply to Thread