    my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    it going.. David from downunder..

  2. Re: bittorrent

    On 2007-05-04, David wrote:
    > hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    > my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    > it going.. David from downunder..

    If you don't get any useful responses, you might consider
    using proper capitalization and punctuation so someone who
    knows the answer might be able to understand your request.
    Also, if, as it sort-of appears, bittorrent seems to need
    more files, please list the files it's saying it needs.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  3. Re: bittorrent

    "David" writes:

    > hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    > my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    > it going.. David from downunder..

    Usually clicking on a bittorrent link in a browser is sufficient
    to get it going.

    Otherwise, try to describe what you did and what happened more
    exactly. "neads (sic) more files to run" isn't clear.

  4. Re: bittorrent

    David wrote:

    > hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    > my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    > it going.. David from downunder..

    if u go here http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

    and install your appropriate sources for 586 which is 32 bit computers
    or x86 which is for 64 bit computers and then at a terminal, su to root
    and enter urpmi bittorrent-gui

    u should get what u need automatically installed for u.

    --
    Love is all u need.

  5. Re: bittorrent

    On Fri, 04 May 2007 19:39:28 -0500, patrickdarcy wrote:

    > David wrote:
    >
    >> hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    >> my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    >> it going.. David from downunder..

    > if u go here http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    >

    > and install your appropriate sources for 586 which is 32 bit computers
    > or x86 which is for 64 bit computers and then at a terminal, su to root
    > and enter urpmi bittorrent-gui
    >
    > u should get what u need automatically installed for u.

    thanks for all the help but still trying to figer it out.

  6. Re: bittorrent

    David wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 May 2007 19:39:28 -0500, patrickdarcy wrote:
    >
    >> David wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    >>> my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    >>> it going.. David from downunder..

    >> if u go here http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    >>

    >> and install your appropriate sources for 586 which is 32 bit computers
    >> or x86 which is for 64 bit computers and then at a terminal, su to root
    >> and enter urpmi bittorrent-gui
    >>
    >> u should get what u need automatically installed for u.

    > thanks for all the help but still trying to figer it out.

    --
    Love is all u need.

    i will assume u have a 32 bit computer.

    if u are using mandriva 2007 spring all u have to do is click
    on proceed to step 2.

    if u have another version click on the little thingie next
    to spring. then u have other choices. click on the one u want.

    off to step 2

    u are given more choices here to set up your sources.

    this is where u first pick your mirrors .
    i would suggest u use the french ones, they work the best for me.
    the u s mirrors usually are slow and sometimes not up to date for me.

    your first choice is official.

    decide what mirror u want and it will appear in the box.
    if u click on the thingie next to whatever u see as a mirror u will
    see the mirrors that are available.

    for now just pick one from france. there are several from france.

    i like ciril a lot

    some of the boxes are marked for u already . for now just leave them
    as they are.

    next, below that is the penguin liberation front choices.

    again click on the right thingie and pick your mirror.

    i like club internet from france.

    then for now click on plf free and plf non-free

    then on to the next step which is proceed to step 3.

    click it.

    the next page tells u to copy and paste the mirrors in a console.

    to do this u need to first , i start at the bottom and work my way
    to the top. click and hold down your left mouse button and bring the
    mouse up until all the mirror stuff is highlighted.

    it will look something like this.

    urpmi.addmedia main
    ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m...a/main/release
    with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia --update main_updates
    ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m...a/main/updates
    with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia contrib
    ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m...ontrib/release
    with media_info/hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia --update contrib_updates
    ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m...ontrib/updates
    with media_info/hdlist.cz

    after u highlight it u need to go to the top of the page and click on edit.
    then click on copy.

    then the next step is to open a console.

    hopefully u know what that is.

    its a black box.

    u will find it in mandria, system terminals

    click the box open.

    then u need to su to root

    type su

    then enter your root password.

    then put your mouse in the box and right click your
    mouse.

    u will see the mirrors there.
    just just hit enter.

    u may be asked to give y or n to permission to continue
    some of the mirrors installation.

    thats it.

    after u do this u can open mandriva control center
    and go to install software.

    in the box u find there type

    bittorrent

    click the box for bittorent and it should isntall for u
    and dont forget to make sure bittorrent-gui is clicked .

    it will ask for permission and then its installed in
    a little while.

    if u have any problems let me know i will monitor this
    thread for your reply.

    also i want to mention that occasionally the mirrors do
    no work correctly. i am having this problem now. the
    mirrow are not working right for me.

    u have to wait a day or two for them to be fixed. this
    is an inconveience but sometimes its unavoidable.

    remember the mirrors are not working for me right now but
    they may work for u.

    let me know

    good luck

  7. Re: bittorrent

    On 2007-05-04, David wrote:
    > hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    > my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    > it going.. David from downunder..

    You seem to have a broken keyboard.

    How did you install BitTorrent?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  8. Re: bittorrent

    On Fri, 04 May 2007 22:31:12 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2007-05-04, David wrote:
    >> hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    >> my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    >> it going.. David from downunder..

    > You seem to have a broken keyboard.
    >
    > How did you install BitTorrent?

    well it workord on suse 10.2 on this computer without any problem
    shood justrun mcc in root and install from dvd in installed but
    no icon any were, only thing i cant get going sofar.

  9. Re: bittorrent

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 14:33:42 -0400, David wrote:

    > well it workord on suse 10.2 on this computer without any problem
    > shood justrun mcc in root and install from dvd in installed but
    > no icon any were, only thing i cant get going sofar.

    The bittorrent package only contains console commands. From
    rpm -q -l bittorrent, I get ...
    /usr/bin/bittorrent-console
    /usr/bin/bittorrent-curses
    /usr/bin/bittorrent-tracker
    /usr/bin/changetracker-console
    /usr/bin/launchmany-console
    /usr/bin/launchmany-curses
    /usr/bin/maketorrent-console
    /usr/bin/torrentinfo-console

    I think you'd be better off with a gui torrent client, such as ktorrent.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  10. Re: bittorrent

    On 2007-05-05, David wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 May 2007 22:31:12 +0100, Whiskers wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-05-04, David wrote:
    >>> hello again i installed bittorrent but it neads more files to run
    >>> my the look of the list what is the best way to install them to get
    >>> it going.. David from downunder..

    >> You seem to have a broken keyboard.
    >>
    >> How did you install BitTorrent?
    >>

    > well it workord on suse 10.2 on this computer without any problem
    > shood justrun mcc in root and install from dvd in installed but
    > no icon any were, only thing i cant get going sofar.

    You are still typing through treacle or something, I think.

    Did you install bittorent-gui?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  11. Re: bittorrent

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:41:07 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2007-05-05, David wrote:

    >>> You seem to have a broken keyboard.
    >>>
    >>> How did you install BitTorrent?
    >>>

    >> well it workord on suse 10.2 on this computer without any problem
    >> shood justrun mcc in root and install from dvd in installed but
    >> no icon any were, only thing i cant get going sofar.

    > You are still typing through treacle or something, I think.
    >
    > Did you install bittorent-gui?

    were do i find the gui

  12. Re: bittorrent

    On Sun, 06 May 2007 09:20:43 +1300, David wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:41:07 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    >>> well it workord on suse 10.2 on this computer without any problem
    >>> shood justrun mcc in root and install from dvd in installed but
    >>> no icon any were, only thing i cant get going sofar.

    >> You are still typing through treacle or something, I think.
    >>
    >> Did you install bittorent-gui?
    >>

    > were do i find the gui

    and i am useing KDE

  13. Re: bittorrent

    On 2007-05-05, David wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:41:07 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    >>> well it workord on suse 10.2 on this computer without any problem
    >>> shood justrun mcc in root and install from dvd in installed but
    >>> no icon any were, only thing i cant get going sofar.

    >> You are still typing through treacle or something, I think.
    >>
    >> Did you install bittorent-gui?
    >>

    > were do i find the gui

    mcc

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  14. Re: bittorrent

    patrickdarcy wrote:

    > David wrote:

    >>> if u go here http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    >>>

    >>> and install your appropriate sources for 586 which is 32 bit computers
    >>> or x86 which is for 64 bit computers and then at a terminal, su to root
    >>> and enter urpmi bittorrent-gui
    >>>
    >>> u should get what u need automatically installed for u.

    >> thanks for all the help but still trying to figer it out.

    also i use ktorrent, it looks cool has a gui and is easy to use.

    --
    Love is all u need.

+ Reply to Thread