MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses) - Mandriva

This is a discussion on MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses) - Mandriva ; Hello! I'm looking for a MP3 editing tool for Mandriva. I have several conversations in MP3 files and I'd like to be able to: 1. split this dialogs into separate sentences (in other words: split mp3 file into parts by ...

  1. MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    Hello!

    I'm looking for a MP3 editing tool for Mandriva. I have several
    conversations in MP3 files and I'd like to be able to:

    1. split this dialogs into separate sentences (in other words: split mp3
    file into parts by inserting "split points" while listening)
    2. Insert silent pauses between sentences. Each pause should have the
    same length as preceding sentence (to give future listener a chance to
    repeat the sentence).

    Could you recommend something?

    Thanks in advance!

    Greetings.

    --
    yacoll
    $> cd pub *www.nfilter.org* - troll filtering tool

  2. Re: MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    yacoll wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > I'm looking for a MP3 editing tool for Mandriva. I have several
    > conversations in MP3 files and I'd like to be able to:
    >
    > 1. split this dialogs into separate sentences (in other words: split mp3
    > file into parts by inserting "split points" while listening)
    > 2. Insert silent pauses between sentences. Each pause should have the
    > same length as preceding sentence (to give future listener a chance to
    > repeat the sentence).
    >
    > Could you recommend something?

    mp3splt...:
    http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/home.php

    --
    R.L.U. #300033 - MDV 2006 - KDE 3.4

  3. Re: MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    Dave schreef:
    > yacoll wrote:
    >
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a MP3 editing tool for Mandriva.
    >> Could you recommend something?

    > mp3splt...:
    > http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/home.php

    Audacity

    Peter

  4. Re: MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    Peter Vollebregt napisa?(a):
    > Dave schreef:
    >> mp3splt...:
    >>

    > Audacity

    Hello!

    Thanks for your responses, but:

    1. I've tested mp3split (Windows clone) and it doesn't seem to be
    working... Maybe I've been using it improperly but I couldn't insert
    splint points. It can't be used to insert such pauses I want (pause
    lenght shuld be as big as a previous sentence, so it should be
    calculated on previous mp3 file length basis).

    2. Audacity doesn't support inserting split poins while listening (I've
    looked at every menu options and haven't find such).

    So... additional suggestions would be appreciated ;-)

    Greetings.

    --
    yacoll
    $> cd pub *www.nfilter.org* - troll filtering tool
    $> more beer ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Re: MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    yacoll writes:

    > Peter Vollebregt napisa?(a):
    >> Dave schreef:
    >>> mp3splt...:
    >>>

    >> Audacity

    > Hello!
    >
    > Thanks for your responses, but:
    >
    > 1. I've tested mp3split (Windows clone) and it doesn't seem to be
    > working... Maybe I've been using it improperly but I couldn't insert
    > splint points. It can't be used to insert such pauses I want (pause
    > lenght shuld be as big as a previous sentence, so it should be
    > calculated on previous mp3 file length basis).
    >
    > 2. Audacity doesn't support inserting split poins while listening
    > (I've looked at every menu options and haven't find such).
    >
    > So... additional suggestions would be appreciated ;-)

    In Audacity you split the tracks
    then pick export multiple.

    I'm not sure what you mean by as you are listening but
    if you hit pause you can select from the cursor to the
    end of the track then select split.

  6. Re: MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    On 2007-05-02, yacoll wrote:
    > Peter Vollebregt napisa?(a):
    >> Dave schreef:
    >>> mp3splt...:
    >>>

    >> Audacity

    > Hello!
    >
    > Thanks for your responses, but:
    >
    > 1. I've tested mp3split (Windows clone) and it doesn't seem to be
    > working... Maybe I've been using it improperly but I couldn't insert
    > splint points. It can't be used to insert such pauses I want (pause
    > lenght shuld be as big as a previous sentence, so it should be
    > calculated on previous mp3 file length basis).
    >
    > 2. Audacity doesn't support inserting split poins while listening (I've
    > looked at every menu options and haven't find such).
    >
    > So... additional suggestions would be appreciated ;-)

    This script doesn't insert split points; instead it builds a list,
    then extracts from each point to the next.

    It requires xmms, xmmsctrl and ecasound.

    There may be a better way of calling ecasound (e.g., a single
    call); I haven't played with it before.

    It needs tweeking, but it's a start.

    trap 'stty sane' EXIT

    xmms "$@"
    NL='
    '
    list=
    stty -icanon time 1 min 0
    echo "Press ENTER at each split point"
    while :
    do
    eval "$( xmmsctrl print "file=\"%F\" title=\"\" spot=\"%s\"" )"
    [ "$file" != "$filename" ] && echo
    filename=$file
    printf " %s: %s\e[K\r" "${file##*/}" "$spot"
    r=$( dd bs=1 count=1 2>/dev/null; echo . )
    r=${r%.}
    case $r in
    "$NL") list="$list $spot" ;;
    q) break ;;
    esac
    done
    list="$list $spot"
    stty sane
    printf "\n%s\n" "$list"
    file=$1

    suffix=wav ## ${file##*.}
    fname=${file%.*}
    n=0
    set -x
    for t in $list
    do
    nspot=$(( $n + $t ))
    time=$(( $t - $n ))
    xfile=${file%.*}_$n-$t.$suffix
    echo "$xfile"
    ecasound -gc:$n,$time -i "$file" -o "$xfile"
    n=$t
    done

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  7. Re: MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    Dan Espen napisaƂ(a):

    > In Audacity you split the tracks
    > then pick export multiple.

    Ok, Men, I've done the trick with Audacity (spliting, generating
    silence) and Mp3Wrap (joining all together).

    Thank you for your help!

    Best regards.

    --
    yacoll
    $> cd pub *www.nfilter.org* - troll filtering tool
    $> more beer ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  8. Re: MP3 editing software (manual split & insert pauses)

    yacoll writes:

    > Dan Espen napisaĆ.(a):
    >> In Audacity you split the tracks
    >> then pick export multiple.

    > Ok, Men, I've done the trick with Audacity (spliting, generating
    > silence) and Mp3Wrap (joining all together).
    >
    > Thank you for your help!

    Glad to hear it.

    The CVS version from about a year ago has a macro facility.
    If you need to do complex sequences of operations
    it works pretty well. It was a challenge to compile
    but might be available in precompiled form now.

+ Reply to Thread