Dual Booting XP and Vista and need help - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Dual Booting XP and Vista and need help - Mandriva ; As above but want to install Mandriva 2007.1 on my desktop with a 10 gig partition on a NF7-S 1.5 gig of ram,AMD Athlon 3200+, Nvidia 6200 Video card and tried to install it but I have a problem, it ...

  1. Dual Booting XP and Vista and need help

    As above but want to install Mandriva 2007.1 on my desktop with a 10 gig
    partition on a NF7-S 1.5 gig of ram,AMD Athlon 3200+, Nvidia 6200 Video
    card and tried to install it but I have a problem, it installed, but it
    did not install grub, the normal windows MBR loaded went into rescue
    mode, would not install!! anyone have the same trouble and has worked a
    way around it or could someone help please

    niloch at fastmail dot com dot au

  2. Re: Dual Booting XP and Vista and need help

    Colin wrote:
    > As above but want to install Mandriva 2007.1 on my desktop with a 10 gig
    > partition on a NF7-S 1.5 gig of ram,AMD Athlon 3200+, Nvidia 6200 Video
    > card and tried to install it but I have a problem, it installed, but it
    > did not install grub, the normal windows MBR loaded went into rescue
    > mode, would not install!! anyone have the same trouble and has worked a
    > way around it or could someone help please

    If Mandriva installed, you can boot from your install disk, select
    options, go to rescue mode, and from the menu select reinstall the boot loader.
    If a second attempt to install grub does not work, try LILO.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  3. Re: Dual Booting XP and Vista and need help

    On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:36:54 -0400, Jim Beard wrote:

    > Colin wrote:
    >> As above but want to install Mandriva 2007.1 on my desktop with a 10 gig
    >> partition on a NF7-S 1.5 gig of ram,AMD Athlon 3200+, Nvidia 6200 Video
    >> card and tried to install it but I have a problem, it installed, but it
    >> did not install grub, the normal windows MBR loaded went into rescue
    >> mode, would not install!! anyone have the same trouble and has worked a
    >> way around it or could someone help please

    > If Mandriva installed, you can boot from your install disk, select
    > options, go to rescue mode, and from the menu select reinstall the boot loader.
    > If a second attempt to install grub does not work, try LILO.

    I missed the OP, so I'll reply here.

    Check your bios settings, to ensure "virus protection" is turned off.
    All it really does is stop things like lilo or grub from installing
    in the first track of the hard drive.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins