Dual booting Mandriva 2007 with Vista: Software modem - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Dual booting Mandriva 2007 with Vista: Software modem - Mandriva ; on Thursday 28 June 2007 05:03 in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandriva Maurice Batey wrote: > On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:10:41 +1000, Peter D. wrote: Sorry for the late reply. >> That looks like either a hardware problem (bad DVD, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Dual booting Mandriva 2007 with Vista: Software modem

    Maurice Batey wrote:

    > On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:10:41 +1000, Peter D. wrote:

    Sorry for the late reply.

    >> That looks like either a hardware problem (bad DVD, all sorts of computer
    >> problems) or a serious incompatibility problem.

    > But Ubuntu & SimplyMepis boot fine...

    That leaves bad DVD or incompatibility.

    >> If you can work out how to check the correctness of your DVD do it.
    >> Start by checking the md5sum of the downloaded iso. If it fails, the iso
    >> can be fixed with rsync or bittorrent rather than re-downloading the
    >> whole thing. If the iso checks out OK then it is desirable to check the
    >> burnt DVD - but that is a bit harder to do.

    > Same problem off 2 different DVDs.

    DVD problems are unlikely, but that doesn't rule out bad DVD problems.
    Consider what would happen if the download was corrupt and that
    corrupt download was accurately copied to DVD twice.

    >> Failing that, you will have to try a newer and/or different version.
    >> 2007.1 (Spring) exists but it is substantially a bug fixed version of
    >> 2007.0, they both use kernel 2.6.17.

    > Tried Spring. Same problem with 2007.1.

    My guess is that your hardware is not supported by 2.6.17 series
    kernels, give up on 2007.0 and 2007.1 (spring).

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  2. Re: Dual booting Mandriva 2007 with Vista: Software modem

    On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:45:08 +1000, Peter D. wrote:

    > My guess is that your hardware is not supported by 2.6.17 series kernels,
    > give up on 2007.0 and 2007.1 (spring).

    Exactly what mandriva.com & I have concluded...

    (Roll on Mandriva 2008 (Oct?)...)

    --
    Maurice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2