FF Search Bar Crippled - Mandriva

This is a discussion on FF Search Bar Crippled - Mandriva ; Mandriva 2006 and Firefox 2.0.0.3 None of the features of search (e.g., highlight all occurrances) appear in my search bar when I enter a search term. The only element that the bar includes is the input box. I can't find ...

  1. FF Search Bar Crippled

    Mandriva 2006 and Firefox 2.0.0.3

    None of the features of search (e.g., highlight all occurrances) appear
    in my search bar when I enter a search term. The only element that the
    bar includes is the input box. I can't find a setting to get the
    options back. Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone know a tweak for
    it?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  2. Re: FF Search Bar Crippled

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:52:33 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Mandriva 2006 and Firefox 2.0.0.3

    Is this a new problem or has it been a problen from the beginning?

    > None of the features of search (e.g., highlight all occurrances) appear in
    > my search bar when I enter a search term. The only element that the bar
    > includes is the input box. I can't find a setting to get the options
    > back. Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone know a tweak for it?

    Have you tried moving your profile in ~/ and generating a new one to see
    what happens?

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  3. Re: FF Search Bar Crippled

    Ron Gibson wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:52:33 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Mandriva 2006 and Firefox 2.0.0.3

    > Is this a new problem or has it been a problen from the beginning?

    Yes, Ron.

    1. It's new with 2.0.0.3.

    2. It's been a problem from the beginning of my 2.0.0.3 install.

    >> None of the features of search (e.g., highlight all occurrances) appear in
    >> my search bar when I enter a search term. The only element that the bar
    >> includes is the input box. I can't find a setting to get the options
    >> back. Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone know a tweak for it?

    > Have you tried moving your profile in ~/ and generating a new one to see
    > what happens?

    No. BTW, it was a clean install of 2.0.0.3, with all traces of earlier
    versions nuked.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: FF Search Bar Crippled

    Ron Gibson wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:52:33 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Mandriva 2006 and Firefox 2.0.0.3

    > Is this a new problem or has it been a problen from the beginning?
    >
    >> None of the features of search (e.g., highlight all occurrances) appear in
    >> my search bar when I enter a search term. The only element that the bar
    >> includes is the input box. I can't find a setting to get the options
    >> back. Is anyone else seeing this? Does anyone know a tweak for it?

    > Have you tried moving your profile in ~/ and generating a new one to see
    > what happens?

    Second response: I logged on as another user and get the same thing for
    his session.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  5. Re: FF Search Bar Crippled

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:09:03 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Is this a new problem or has it been a problen from the beginning?

    > Yes, Ron.

    > 1. It's new with 2.0.0.3.

    >> Have you tried moving your profile in ~/ and generating a new one to
    >> see what happens?

    > No. BTW, it was a clean install of 2.0.0.3, with all traces of earlier
    > versions nuked.

    Hmm...I seem to recall trying the 2.0 version and decided for whatever
    reasons to go back to 1.5. I found some bugs but can't reecall what
    they were. Sorry can't help more...

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  6. Re: FF Search Bar Crippled

    Ron Gibson wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:09:03 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>> Is this a new problem or has it been a problen from the beginning?

    >> Yes, Ron.

    >> 1. It's new with 2.0.0.3.

    >>> Have you tried moving your profile in ~/ and generating a new one to
    >>> see what happens?

    >> No. BTW, it was a clean install of 2.0.0.3, with all traces of earlier
    >> versions nuked.

    > Hmm...I seem to recall trying the 2.0 version and decided for whatever
    > reasons to go back to 1.5. I found some bugs but can't reecall what
    > they were. Sorry can't help more...

    Fair 'nuff.