Firefox problem - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Firefox problem - Mandriva ; After installing spring 2007 i586 I started getting a firefox error: as follows "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process. or restart your system" What, I ...

  1. Firefox problem

    After installing spring 2007 i586

    I started getting a firefox error: as follows

    "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window,
    you must first close the existing Firefox process. or restart your system"

    What, I do is to open a console enter ps -ax to see whats processes are
    running than kill -9 the firefox process #

    I was wondering is there an easier way to resolved this problem?

    CW

  2. Re: Firefox problem

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 15:34:57 GMT, carl wagner wrote:

    > "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window,
    > you must first close the existing Firefox process. or restart your system"
    >
    > What, I do is to open a console enter ps -ax to see whats processes are
    > running than kill -9 the firefox process #

    My SWAG, you are running KDE, and have Restore previous session set in
    On Login under Session Manager under KDE Components in the KDE Control Center.

  3. Re: Firefox problem

    carl wagner writes:

    >After installing spring 2007 i586

    >I started getting a firefox error: as follows

    >"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window,
    >you must first close the existing Firefox process. or restart your system"

    >What, I do is to open a console enter ps -ax to see whats processes are
    >running than kill -9 the firefox process #

    killall mozilla-firefox-bin

    or killall -9 mozilla-firefox-bin
    if the first does not work.
    Or ctrl-esc, select firefox and then kill button.

    >I was wondering is there an easier way to resolved this problem?

    >CW

  4. Re: Firefox problem

    carl wagner wrote:
    > After installing spring 2007 i586
    >
    > I started getting a firefox error: as follows
    >
    > "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window,
    > you must first close the existing Firefox process. or restart your system"
    >
    > What, I do is to open a console enter ps -ax to see whats processes are
    > running than kill -9 the firefox process #
    >
    > I was wondering is there an easier way to resolved this problem?

    From a terminal window, pkill firefox is easier than looking up
    the processes with ps and then using kill.

    man pkill

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --