Has anybody installed Thunderbird 2.0 yet? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Has anybody installed Thunderbird 2.0 yet? - Mandriva ; I notice TB2.0 is out and it looks interesting. I am downloading it now, but I don't intend to install it yet. The "chicken factor" is strong in this one. Anybody else taken the plunge yet? If so, how did ...

  1. Has anybody installed Thunderbird 2.0 yet?

    I notice TB2.0 is out and it looks interesting. I am downloading it
    now, but I don't intend to install it yet. The "chicken factor" is
    strong in this one.

    Anybody else taken the plunge yet? If so, how did it go and is it worth
    the update?

    Thanks.

    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com -*- Mandriva User# 263042

    CONSIDER: ===========---------,,,,,,,,,............. . . . . .
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
    limits."
    -- Albert Einstein

  2. Re: Has anybody installed Thunderbird 2.0 yet?

    On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:54:17 -0600, Mark Adams wrote:
    > I notice TB2.0 is out and it looks interesting. I am downloading it
    > now, but I don't intend to install it yet. The "chicken factor" is
    > strong in this one.
    >
    > Anybody else taken the plunge yet? If so, how did it go and is it worth
    > the update?

    Works for me. I install apps I download in /local/apt. I then link to
    them from /usr/local/bin. I have /usr/local/bin in front of /usr/bin
    in my pPATH variable. If my install fails, no problem, just remove the
    /usr/local/bin link and I am running from the vendors app.

  3. Re: Has anybody installed Thunderbird 2.0 yet?

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:54:17 -0600, Mark Adams wrote:
    >> I notice TB2.0 is out and it looks interesting. I am downloading it
    >> now, but I don't intend to install it yet. The "chicken factor" is
    >> strong in this one.
    >>
    >> Anybody else taken the plunge yet? If so, how did it go and is it worth
    >> the update?

    > Works for me. I install apps I download in /local/apt. I then link to
    > them from /usr/local/bin. I have /usr/local/bin in front of /usr/bin
    > in my pPATH variable. If my install fails, no problem, just remove the
    > /usr/local/bin link and I am running from the vendors app.

    Okay, I did it. I installed it alongside ver. 1.5 in another directory
    under /usr/local. It looks good and seems to behave well. After a
    couple of hours I deleted ver. 1.5.

    Thanks Bit.

    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com -*- Mandriva User# 263042

    It is better to be bow-legged than no-legged.