vmware server and remote console - Mandriva

This is a discussion on vmware server and remote console - Mandriva ; I have been in duscition with several people on vmware's help site. the duscition is "can't connect to vmware server from remote console" I am havening trouble connecting to the server(my p4 desktop computer) from my laptop, using the vmware ...

  1. vmware server and remote console

    I have been in duscition with several people on vmware's help site.

    the duscition is "can't connect to vmware server from remote console"

    I am havening trouble connecting to the server(my p4 desktop computer)
    from my laptop, using the vmware server console.

    it sais username and password are incorect.

    help please.

  2. Re: vmware server and remote console

    chris gareau wrote:
    > I have been in duscition with several people on vmware's help site.
    >
    > the duscition is "can't connect to vmware server from remote console"
    >
    > I am havening trouble connecting to the server(my p4 desktop computer)
    > from my laptop, using the vmware server console.
    >
    > it sais username and password are incorect.
    >
    > help please.

    I just had to symlink some files to make it work

  3. Re: vmware server and remote console

    chris gareau wrote:

    > chris gareau wrote:
    >> I have been in duscition with several people on vmware's help site.
    >>
    >> the duscition is "can't connect to vmware server from remote console"
    >>
    >> I am havening trouble connecting to the server(my p4 desktop computer)
    >> from my laptop, using the vmware server console.
    >>
    >> it sais username and password are incorect.
    >>
    >> help please.

    > I just had to symlink some files to make it work

    Hi - any chance of giving some more info than "fixed it", how about a
    list of files etc

  4. Re: vmware server and remote console

    Tony Williams > wrote:
    > chris gareau wrote:
    >>
    >> chris gareau wrote:
    >>> I have been in duscition with several people on vmware's help site.
    >>>
    >>> the duscition is "can't connect to vmware server from remote console"
    >>>
    >>> I am havening trouble connecting to the server(my p4 desktop computer)
    >>> from my laptop, using the vmware server console.
    >>>
    >>> it sais username and password are incorect.
    >>>
    >>> help please.

    >> I just had to symlink some files to make it work

    > Hi - any chance of giving some more info than "fixed it", how about a
    > list of files etc

    As far as I know the following symlinks has to be made in
    /lib/security

    New link -> Links to

    pam_unix2.so -> pam_unix.so
    pam_unix_acct.so -> pam_unix.so