Pop up blocker - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Pop up blocker - Mandriva ; I tried everything I know....not much.....to open this file but I cant get by the pop up blocker. Help please,Tia http://svc.travelocity.com/info/info_popup/0,,YHOE:EN|TF_E_TKT,00.html...

  1. Pop up blocker

    I tried everything I know....not much.....to open this file
    but I cant get by the pop up blocker.
    Help please,Tia

    http://svc.travelocity.com/info/info_popup/0,,YHOE:EN|TF_E_TKT,00.html

  2. Re: Pop up blocker

    dale's news stuff wrote:
    > I tried everything I know....not much.....to open this file
    > but I cant get by the pop up blocker.
    > Help please,Tia
    >
    > http://svc.travelocity.com/info/info_popup/0,,YHOE:EN|TF_E_TKT,00.html

    The "info_popup" in the URL seems to indicate that this is an informational
    message page. Disable the pop-up blocker, then go back to the ORIGINAL
    page that caused this message to appear.

  3. Re: Pop up blocker

    Bill Pfeifer wrote:

    > dale's news stuff wrote:
    >> I tried everything I know....not much.....to open this file
    >> but I cant get by the pop up blocker.
    >> Help please,Tia
    >>
    >> http://svc.travelocity.com/info/info_popup/0,,YHOE:EN|TF_E_TKT,00.html

    > The "info_popup" in the URL seems to indicate that this is an
    > informational
    > message page. Disable the pop-up blocker, then go back to the ORIGINAL
    > page that caused this message to appear.

    I tried that.I also tried to open it with konqueror.
    I also tried to open it with windows.
    Nothing I have tried gets me past the pop up screen.
    Did you try to open it yourself ???

  4. Re: Pop up blocker

    dale's news stuff wrote:
    > Bill Pfeifer wrote:
    >
    >> dale's news stuff wrote:
    >>> I tried everything I know....not much.....to open this file
    >>> but I cant get by the pop up blocker.
    >>> Help please,Tia
    >>>
    >>> http://svc.travelocity.com/info/info_popup/0,,YHOE:EN|TF_E_TKT,00.html

    >> The "info_popup" in the URL seems to indicate that this is an
    >> informational
    >> message page. Disable the pop-up blocker, then go back to the ORIGINAL
    >> page that caused this message to appear.

    > I tried that.I also tried to open it with konqueror.
    > I also tried to open it with windows.
    > Nothing I have tried gets me past the pop up screen.
    > Did you try to open it yourself ???

    I have just opened that site/link in windows without any trouble

  5. Re: Pop up blocker

    Bob H wrote:
    > dale's news stuff wrote:
    >> Bill Pfeifer wrote:

    >>> The "info_popup" in the URL seems to indicate that this is an
    >>> informational
    >>> message page. Disable the pop-up blocker, then go back to the ORIGINAL
    >>> page that caused this message to appear.

    >> I tried that.I also tried to open it with konqueror.
    >> I also tried to open it with windows.
    >> Nothing I have tried gets me past the pop up screen.
    >> Did you try to open it yourself ???

    > I have just opened that site/link in windows without any trouble

    Which version of Winblows? Using which browser/version?

    I am still running Mandriva 2006, and Firefox 1.0.5.7 and
    Epiphany 1.8.5 both encounter the same problem. Neither is set
    to block pop-ups.

    Smells to me like some of Micro$loth's most recent proprietary
    razzle-dazzle. I personally would switch to doing business by
    phone (if a phone number is available) or take my business
    elsewhere.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    Unix is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  6. Re: Pop up blocker

    James D. Beard wrote:
    > Bob H wrote:
    >> dale's news stuff wrote:

    >>> I tried that.I also tried to open it with konqueror.
    >>> I also tried to open it with windows.
    >>> Nothing I have tried gets me past the pop up screen.
    >>> Did you try to open it yourself ???

    >> I have just opened that site/link in windows without any trouble

    > Which version of Winblows? Using which browser/version?
    >
    > I am still running Mandriva 2006, and Firefox 1.0.5.7 and Epiphany 1.8.5
    > both encounter the same problem. Neither is set to block pop-ups.
    >
    > Smells to me like some of Micro$loth's most recent proprietary
    > razzle-dazzle. I personally would switch to doing business by phone (if
    > a phone number is available) or take my business elsewhere.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > jim b.

    Winblows XP and Firefox 1.8.1.3

  7. Re: Pop up blocker

    Bob H wrote:
    > James D. Beard wrote:
    >> Bob H wrote:

    >>> I have just opened that site/link in windows without any trouble

    >> Which version of Winblows? Using which browser/version?
    >>
    >> I am still running Mandriva 2006, and Firefox 1.0.5.7 and Epiphany
    >> 1.8.5 both encounter the same problem. Neither is set to block pop-ups.
    >>
    >> Smells to me like some of Micro$loth's most recent proprietary
    >> razzle-dazzle. I personally would switch to doing business by phone
    >> (if a phone number is available) or take my business elsewhere.
    >>
    >> Cheers!
    >>
    >> jim b.
    >>

    > Winblows XP and Firefox 1.8.1.3

    Yes, this does have the aroma of some of Micro$loth's most
    recent proprietary razzle-dazzle. Well, perhaps not _most_
    recent, but Vista is not yet widespread enough to make
    everything before it obsolete rubbish, rather than mere rubbish.

    I would do business by phone, or take my business elsewhere.
    And if by phone, mention that you tried to use the website
    (cheaper for the company) but did it not play nicely with Linux.

    Cheers!

    jim b.
    --
    Unix is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  8. Re: Pop up blocker

    On Sunday 22 Apr 2007 22:33, James D. Beard wrote:

    > Yes, this does have the aroma of some of Micro$loth's most
    > recent proprietary razzle-dazzle. Well, perhaps not _most_
    > recent, but Vista is not yet widespread enough to make
    > everything before it obsolete rubbish, rather than mere rubbish.

    Run http://i.travelpn.com/css/popups.css (the alleged popup blocker css (??))
    through http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/. Want a second opinion? Use
    http://htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/.

    It's certainly not designed with non-MS browsers in mind, that's for sure.

+ Reply to Thread