Adobe PDF reader not working - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Adobe PDF reader not working - Mandriva ; Hi I have tried to install the Adobe PDF read on my Mandriva 2007 install (installed from the non-free KDE One CD with all the updates). When I try to run acroread from the command line it never loads. I ...

  1. Adobe PDF reader not working

    Hi

    I have tried to install the Adobe PDF read on my Mandriva 2007 install
    (installed from the non-free KDE One CD with all the updates). When I
    try to run acroread from the command line it never loads. I just get:
    expr: syntax error, printed out on new lines until I stop it (ctrl + c).
    I have tried it both as root and my own user and get the same out put. I
    have tried to install it from both the RPM and the .tar.gz file
    downloaded from the Adobe web site. Also I have deleted the dot file
    from my home directory for it too and this did not help.

    What could be causing the problem? What could I do to try to fix it?

    Thanks
    Robert

  2. Re: Adobe PDF reader not working

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:30:22 -0400, Robert Cook wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have tried to install the Adobe PDF read on my Mandriva 2007 install
    > (installed from the non-free KDE One CD with all the updates). When I
    > try to run acroread from the command line it never loads. I just get:
    > expr: syntax error, printed out on new lines until I stop it (ctrl + c).

    See http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.os...cd367631215cb6
    for a fix.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Adobe PDF reader not working

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:30:22 -0400, Robert Cook wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have tried to install the Adobe PDF read on my Mandriva 2007 install
    >> (installed from the non-free KDE One CD with all the updates). When I
    >> try to run acroread from the command line it never loads. I just get:
    >> expr: syntax error, printed out on new lines until I stop it (ctrl + c).

    > See http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.os...cd367631215cb6
    > for a fix.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Thank you very much. That works a treat.

    Thank you.

    Robert

+ Reply to Thread