Error from Gedit in console. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Error from Gedit in console. - Mandriva ; Got rid of anything connected with Beryl/Emerald the other day and since then when I've been opening Gedit from console I've been getting the error message(s) below. The last line repeats half-a-dozen times or so. My ability to edit files ...

  1. Error from Gedit in console.

    Got rid of anything connected with Beryl/Emerald the other day and since
    then when I've been opening Gedit from console I've been getting the
    error message(s) below. The last line repeats half-a-dozen times or so. My
    ability to edit files is unaffected by this/these errors and Gedit still
    opens, so it's no biggie. Just curious what it's all about.

    [root@aardvark2 steve]# gedit /etc/rc.local
    Could not find platform independent libraries
    Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to [:]

    ** (gedit:17929): WARNING **: Could not import pygtk
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/gedit-2/plugins/modelines.py", line 20, in ?
    import gedit
    ImportError: No module named gedit

    ** (gedit:17929): WARNING **: Could not load python module modelines

    ** (gedit:17929): CRITICAL **: gedit_plugin_update_ui: assertion `GEDIT_IS_PLUGIN (plugin)' failed

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

  2. Re: Error from Gedit in console.

    On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:42:03 -0400, Aardvark wrote:

    > ImportError: No module named gedit

    I suspect you're system is missing
    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/scripts/gedit.py
    which is part of the package ...
    $ rpm -q -f /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/scripts/gedit.py
    orca-1.0.0-1mdv2007.0

    Try reinstalling the package orca.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins