Source of contrib_update - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Source of contrib_update - Mandriva ; During my last update I got a message that no hdlist was found for contrib_update. I checked the source & it was ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mand...ontrib/updates I tried similar sources from ftp://ftp.linux.cz & another one from France but with the same error message. ...

  1. Source of contrib_update

    During my last update I got a message that no hdlist was found for
    contrib_update. I checked the source & it was
    ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mand...ontrib/updates

    I tried similar sources from ftp://ftp.linux.cz & another one from France
    but with the same error message. What is be the correct source of
    contrib_update ?

    TIA
    --
    jabali

  2. Re: Source of contrib_update

    Jabali Pragya wrote:
    > During my last update I got a message that no hdlist was found for
    > contrib_update. I checked the source & it was
    > ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mand...ontrib/updates

    There is a directory named media_info that has the file you want.

    Edit the entry using the MCC Software Media Manager.
    Probably
    Relative path to synthesis//hdlist:
    media_info/hdlist.cz

    Mandriva 2006 here but it's probably the same for Mandriva 2007.

    Or you could use EasyURPMI to set up your sources.

  3. Re: Source of contrib_update

    Jabali Pragya wrote:

    > During my last update I got a message that no hdlist was found for
    > contrib_update. I checked the source & it was

    ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mand...ontrib/updates

    > I tried similar sources from ftp://ftp.linux.cz & another one from France
    > but with the same error message. What is be the correct source of
    > contrib_update ?
    >
    > TIA

    The server you are using is definitely active. Are you choosing
    media_info/hdlist.cz for the location of the file?

    If you are after a list of alternative servers carrying the Mandriva
    repositories, just go here: http://www.mandrivauser.de/smarturpmi/ . I
    actually use Smart instead of the Mandriva Control Center to install my
    rpm's as it allows for mirror sites, which is great if there is a problem
    with the main repository selected.

    --
    Nothing's Too Sacred - http://scott2096.blogspot.com/
    Soar Like An Eagle - http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/seaeagle/

  4. Re: Source of contrib_update

    On 2007-04-09, Jabali Pragya wrote:
    > During my last update I got a message that no hdlist was found for
    > contrib_update. I checked the source & it was
    > ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mand...ontrib/updates
    >
    > I tried similar sources from ftp://ftp.linux.cz & another one from France
    > but with the same error message. What is be the correct source of
    > contrib_update ?
    >
    > TIA

    I've noticed over the past few days, that getting into that 'mirror' can
    sometimes take a long time, causing things to 'time out' for urpmi and
    RPMDrake - resulting in an assortment of error messages. I've had Lynx
    hanging on for several minutes, trying to make an FTP connection there.
    Lynx is very patient though and does get through eventually )

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  5. Re: Source of contrib_update

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:33:18 +0100, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2007-04-09, Jabali Pragya wrote:
    >> During my last update I got a message that no hdlist was found for
    >> contrib_update. I checked the source & it was
    >> ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/Mand...ontrib/updates
    >>
    >> I tried similar sources from ftp://ftp.linux.cz & another one from
    >> France but with the same error message. What is be the correct source
    >> of contrib_update ?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > I've noticed over the past few days, that getting into that 'mirror' can
    > sometimes take a long time, causing things to 'time out' for urpmi and
    > RPMDrake - resulting in an assortment of error messages. I've had Lynx
    > hanging on for several minutes, trying to make an FTP connection there.
    > Lynx is very patient though and does get through eventually )

    Yes. That mirror has some problem. Now not just the contrib_update but the
    main_update hdlist can't be read. I have switched to another source in
    France and all went well.

    --
    jabali

+ Reply to Thread