Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates. - Mandriva ; ---- Forwarded Usenet-message ---- From: "David W. Hodgins" Newsgroups: opera.linux Subject: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates. Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:48:20 -0400 URL: news:// On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:06:07 -0400, Whiskers wrote: > On 2007-04-05, Remco ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.

  1. Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.



    ---- Forwarded Usenet-message ----
    From: "David W. Hodgins"
    Newsgroups: opera.linux
    Subject: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.
    Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:48:20 -0400
    URL: news://

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:06:07 -0400, Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2007-04-05, Remco Lanting wrote:
    >> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:11:10 +0200, Whiskers
    >> wrote:
    >>> I just installed the latest set of updates to my Mandriva 2007 system,
    >>> and
    >>> now all I get when I try to start Opera (installed from
    >>> opera-9.10-20061214.6-shared-qt.i386-en.rpm) is a segfault.

    >
    > So I see. Looks as though X11 is the problem, and not only on Mandriva.
    >
    > As a long shot, I installed 9.20 beta (from
    > opera-9.20b-20070323.6-shared-qt.i386-en.rpm) but that segfaults too.


    Thanks for the warning. I'm going to hold off installing the x11
    updates, until I know this issue has been fixed.

    I'm also going to forward a copy of this post to alt.os.linux.mandrake
    and alt.os.linux.mandriva

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  2. Re: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:49:41 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > ---- Forwarded Usenet-message ----
    > From: "David W. Hodgins" Newsgroups:
    > opera.linux
    > Subject: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates. Date: Thu, 05 Apr
    > 2007 14:48:20 -0400 URL:
    > news://
    >
    > On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:06:07 -0400, Whiskers
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-04-05, Remco Lanting
    >> wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:11:10 +0200, Whiskers
    >>> wrote:
    >>>> I just installed the latest set of updates to my Mandriva 2007
    >>>> system, and
    >>>> now all I get when I try to start Opera (installed from
    >>>> opera-9.10-20061214.6-shared-qt.i386-en.rpm) is a segfault.

    >>
    >> So I see. Looks as though X11 is the problem, and not only on
    >> Mandriva.
    >>
    >> As a long shot, I installed 9.20 beta (from
    >> opera-9.20b-20070323.6-shared-qt.i386-en.rpm) but that segfaults too.

    >
    > Thanks for the warning. I'm going to hold off installing the x11
    > updates, until I know this issue has been fixed.
    >
    > I'm also going to forward a copy of this post to alt.os.linux.mandrake
    > and alt.os.linux.mandriva
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins


    When I tried to pull the latest updates down this evening, I got a
    dialogue box indicating that at least one of the X11 packages was
    corrupted, so I aborted the installation.

  3. Re: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:36:02 -0500, George Czerw wrote:

    > When I tried to pull the latest updates down this evening, I got a
    > dialogue box indicating that at least one of the X11 packages was
    > corrupted, so I aborted the installation.


    Guessing a bad download. Delete it from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms and try
    again.

    Mine went in with no problem. Had to change mirrors. Old one has maxed
    out connections for the past 24 hours.

    $ grep rpm /var/log/messages | grep installed
    Apr 5 14:29:37 wb perl: [RPM] libx11_6-1.0.3-2.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:29:50 wb perl: [RPM] libx11_6-devel-1.0.3-2.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:29:52 wb perl: [RPM] x11-server-common-1.1.1-11.3mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:29:53 wb perl: [RPM] libx11-common-1.0.3-2.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:29:53 wb perl: [RPM] libxfont1-1.1.0-4.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:29:56 wb perl: [RPM] x11-server-xorg-1.1.1-11.3mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:29:56 wb perl: [RPM] tightvnc-server-1.2.9-13.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:29:57 wb perl: [RPM] tightvnc-1.2.9-13.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:01 wb perl: [RPM] libqt3-3.3.6-18.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:06 wb perl: [RPM] libkdecore4-3.5.4-19.5mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:06 wb perl: [RPM] libqassistantclient1-3.3.6-18.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:06 wb perl: [RPM] libdesignercore1-3.3.6-18.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:16 wb perl: [RPM] kdelibs-common-3.5.4-19.5mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:20 wb perl: [RPM] libeditor1-3.3.6-18.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:23 wb perl: [RPM] libqt3-devel-3.3.6-18.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:24 wb perl: [RPM] qt3-common-3.3.6-18.2mdv2007.0 installed
    Apr 5 14:30:36 wb perl: [RPM] libkdecore4-devel-3.5.4-19.5mdv2007.0 installed

  4. Re: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:55:51 -0400, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Mine went in with no problem. Had to change mirrors. Old one has maxed
    > out connections for the past 24 hours.


    Can you run opera without it segfaulting?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  5. Re: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 08:02:15 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:55:51 -0400, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> Mine went in with no problem. Had to change mirrors. Old one has maxed
    >> out connections for the past 24 hours.

    >
    > Can you run opera without it segfaulting?


    Let's see
    $ opera
    bash: opera: command not found

    # urpmi opera
    installing opera-9.02-1plf2007.0.i586.rpm from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms
    Preparing... #############################################
    1/1: opera #############################################

    $ opera
    ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    sh: acroread: command not found
    sh: acroread: command not found

    $ locate libjvm.so
    /usr/java/jre1.6.0/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so
    /usr/java/jre1.6.0/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so

    $ locate libawt.so
    /usr/java/jre1.6.0/lib/i386/libawt.so

    $ cd /local/spare
    $ grep acroread *.idx | grep 2007

    Hmmm, no acroread package for 2007.
    There was one shipped on 2006 though
    pkg-2006.0.idx:2006-Disc3 acroread-7.0.1-3mdk.i586

  6. Re: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates.

    On 2007-04-06, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    > Hmmm, no acroread package for 2007.
    > There was one shipped on 2006 though
    > pkg-2006.0.idx:2006-Disc3 acroread-7.0.1-3mdk.i586


    If I recall correctly, it has been in the non-free area of
    the Club ISOs since at least 10.0. It's there on my Club
    ISOs for 2007.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net
    (Yes, that is one of my email addresses.)

  7. Re: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates. SOLVED

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:32:22 -0400, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:

    Opera has released a hotfix, to work around the x11 problem. See
    http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/show.dml/890647

    Downloading it myself, right now.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  8. Re: Fwd: Re: Opera segfault with latest x11 updates. SOLVED

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 15:28:46 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:


    The opera team have had a rather busy Easter holiday. Another
    hotfix has been released. See
    http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog...ll-good-things

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

+ Reply to Thread