Re: urpmi source(s) for .. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Re: urpmi source(s) for .. - Mandriva ; Jens Averbeck wrote: > Am Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:03:51 +0000 schrieb Unruh: > >> Jens Averbeck writes: >> >>> Hi, >>> im searching for urpmi sources for Astronomy Programs like IRAF or MIDAS >>> or any other native Linux ...

  1. Re: urpmi source(s) for ..

    Jens Averbeck wrote:
    > Am Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:03:51 +0000 schrieb Unruh:
    >
    >> Jens Averbeck writes:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> im searching for urpmi sources for Astronomy Programs like IRAF or MIDAS
    >>> or any other native Linux App that can sort, align and stack Video-
    >>> Sequences (no Webcam, used my Digital Camera in Video Mode).
    >>> Why i didnt compile IRAF oder MIDAS? They wont compile even with
    >>> dependencies fulfilled.

    >> If you told us what the compilation problems were we might be able to
    >> help.
    >>
    >>> Thanks in Advance
    >>> Jens

    > Hi Unruh,
    >
    > if i remember right it couldnt find standard stuff like touch, cd, ls ...
    > and yes, they are installed of course.
    >
    > Regards
    > Jens

    when I have problems like this I try compiling as root, maby that will help

  2. Re: urpmi source(s) for ..

    Am Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:28:13 +0000 schrieb chris gareau:

    > Jens Averbeck wrote:

    >>> If you told us what the compilation problems were we might be able to
    >>> help.

    >> Hi Unruh,
    >>
    >> if i remember right it couldnt find standard stuff like touch, cd, ls
    >> ... and yes, they are installed of course.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Jens

    > when I have problems like this I try compiling as root, maby that will
    > help

    Hi,

    i _always_ compile as root so i was quite surprised it couldnt find those
    files.

    Will give those rpms for Redhat a try, maybe it works.

    Regards
    Jens

  3. Re: urpmi source(s) for ..

    Quoth Jens Averbeck :

    > Am Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:28:13 +0000 schrieb chris gareau:

    >> when I have problems like this I try compiling as root, maby that will
    >> help

    > Hi,
    >
    > i _always_ compile as root so i was quite surprised it couldnt find those
    > files.

    I _never_ compile as root and I don't have any troubles. You sure your
    $PATH is okay?

    --
    The Man in the Yellow Hat
    Linux with a monkey, since 1996.

  4. Re: urpmi source(s) for ..

    Am Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:02:39 +0000 schrieb Big Yellow Hats:

    > Quoth Jens Averbeck :
    >
    >> Am Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:28:13 +0000 schrieb chris gareau:

    >>> when I have problems like this I try compiling as root, maby that will
    >>> help

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> i _always_ compile as root so i was quite surprised it couldnt find
    >> those files.
    >>

    > I _never_ compile as root and I don't have any troubles. You sure your
    > $PATH is okay?

    [root@Ganymed jens]# echo $PATH
    /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/
    sbin:/usr/lib/jdk-6/jre/bin:/usr/lib/qt3//bin

    Jepp, $PATH is ok

    Regards
    Jens

  5. Re: urpmi source(s) for ..

    Jens Averbeck writes:

    >Am Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:02:39 +0000 schrieb Big Yellow Hats:

    >> Quoth Jens Averbeck :

    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> i _always_ compile as root so i was quite surprised it couldnt find
    >>> those files.
    >>>

    >> I _never_ compile as root and I don't have any troubles. You sure your
    >> $PATH is okay?
    >>

    >[root@Ganymed jens]# echo $PATH
    >/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/
    >sbin:/usr/lib/jdk-6/jre/bin:/usr/lib/qt3//bin

    >Jepp, $PATH is ok

    I think we need to see the actual error message from your attempt to
    compile those programs. I simply do not believe your report and suspect
    you are misinterpreting the output.

    >Regards
    >Jens

+ Reply to Thread