Re: sorry - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Re: sorry - Mandriva ; Scott B. wrote: > Micha? Zielaskowski wrote: >> funny...does the Pronunciation means anything to you? ..for me it's >> unspeakable 8-) > > I have never heard anyone speak Polish (as far as I know). My uncle, now deceased, used ...

  1. Re: sorry

    Scott B. wrote:
    > Micha? Zielaskowski wrote:
    >> funny...does the Pronunciation means anything to you? ..for me it's
    >> unspeakable 8-)

    > I have never heard anyone speak Polish (as far as I know).

    My uncle, now deceased, used to read the Polish newspaper but he
    couldn't speak the language. You ask him what the article was talking
    about and he would tell you.
    Then again, maybe he made the whole thing up.

    Yea, I know, it sounds far fetched.

  2. Re: sorry

    user wrote:
    > My uncle, now deceased, used to read the Polish newspaper but he
    > couldn't speak the language. You ask him what the article was
    > talking about and he would tell you.

    I have heard of that before with a different language. My mom told
    me she could understand what she heard, but she couldn't speak the
    different language. The different language in my case was Inupiaq.

  3. Re: sorry

    Scott B. wrote:
    > user wrote:
    >
    >>My uncle, now deceased, used to read the Polish newspaper but he
    >>couldn't speak the language. You ask him what the article was
    >>talking about and he would tell you.

    > I have heard of that before with a different language. My mom told
    > me she could understand what she heard, but she couldn't speak the
    > different language. The different language in my case was Inupiaq.

    I sympathise entirely, although in my own case the language is Bash scripts.

+ Reply to Thread