CUPS HTML Config - Mandrake

This is a discussion on CUPS HTML Config - Mandrake ; Hi all, I posted this to the CUPS forums, but no-one had an answer unfortunately. Hopefully I may have more luck here! I am guessing this is quite an easy one, but my Googling has resulted unfavourably. Basically, I have ...

  1. CUPS HTML Config

    Hi all,

    I posted this to the CUPS forums, but no-one had an answer unfortunately.
    Hopefully I may have more luck here!

    I am guessing this is quite an easy one, but my Googling has resulted
    unfavourably.

    Basically, I have CUPS on an old Mandrake Linux system, which when accessing
    the printer list from the HTML front-end, displays all the system printers
    on one page. Also displaying in a small font size.

    On a new RedHat system I have began using, the HTML pages display only 10
    printers per page, and in a larger font.

    Can someone guide me to which config files I can edit to configure the
    RedHat CUPS HTML to look more similar to my old Mandrake box? The
    /etc/cups/* files doen't seem to hold the info.

    Thanks in advance.

    EJ

  2. Re: CUPS HTML Config

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 03:57:17 -0400, EJ wrote:

    > Basically, I have CUPS on an old Mandrake Linux system, which when accessing

    I trust the Mandrake system is not accessible from the net.

    Mandrake was renamed Mandriva. See
    http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/...tlifetime.html

    > Can someone guide me to which config files I can edit to configure the
    > RedHat CUPS HTML to look more similar to my old Mandrake box? The
    > /etc/cups/* files doen't seem to hold the info.

    Without digging through the source for cups, I appears to be using the
    files from /usr/share/cups/templates (at least, in Mandriva).

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: CUPS HTML Config

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 03:57:17 -0400, EJ wrote:
    >
    >> Basically, I have CUPS on an old Mandrake Linux system, which when accessing

    > I trust the Mandrake system is not accessible from the net.
    >
    > Mandrake was renamed Mandriva. See
    > http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/...tlifetime.html
    >
    >> Can someone guide me to which config files I can edit to configure the
    >> RedHat CUPS HTML to look more similar to my old Mandrake box? The
    >> /etc/cups/* files doen't seem to hold the info.

    > Without digging through the source for cups, I appears to be using the
    > files from /usr/share/cups/templates (at least, in Mandriva).

    Font size is normally handled by your desktop configuration tools,
    KDE or GNOME. One more place to look if you don't find what you want
    in a cups/ subdirectory.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  4. Re: CUPS HTML Config

    "Jim Beard" wrote in message
    newsemdnYKAXZyW_VXVnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@posted.lerostechno logies...
    > David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 03:57:17 -0400, EJ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Basically, I have CUPS on an old Mandrake Linux system, which when
    >>> accessing

    >> I trust the Mandrake system is not accessible from the net.
    >>
    >> Mandrake was renamed Mandriva. See
    >> http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/...tlifetime.html
    >>
    >>> Can someone guide me to which config files I can edit to configure the
    >>> RedHat CUPS HTML to look more similar to my old Mandrake box? The
    >>> /etc/cups/* files doen't seem to hold the info.

    >> Without digging through the source for cups, I appears to be using the
    >> files from /usr/share/cups/templates (at least, in Mandriva).

    > Font size is normally handled by your desktop configuration tools,
    > KDE or GNOME. One more place to look if you don't find what you want in a
    > cups/ subdirectory.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > jim b.
    >
    > --
    > UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
    > expects users to be computer-friendly.

    Thanks guys,

    I will have a nose around.

    There isn't a desktop installed onto the Mandrake box that I know of, as
    it's just a business system server, and in answer to David W.Hodgins
    question, it is indeed hidden from the internet, behind two separate
    firewalls.

    Thanks again for your input.

    Best Regards,

    EJ