sound chips problem - Mandrake

This is a discussion on sound chips problem - Mandrake ; Sound chips problem My system have on the board SI7102 soundchip, and on the Hauppauge WinTv HVR1100 Card Connexant CX8811 soundchip. The Problem: for correct operation the SI7102 must be loaded as main sound chip to be used by ALSA. ...

  1. sound chips problem

    Sound chips problem

    My system have on the board SI7102 soundchip, and on the
    Hauppauge WinTv HVR1100 Card Connexant CX8811 soundchip.

    The Problem: for correct operation the SI7102 must be
    loaded as main sound chip to be used by ALSA.

    The WinTv HVR1100 Card operates well using Kaffeine.
    But I cannot use Skype it requires the SI7102 for
    correct operation, when Skype are used.

    What files must be edited for getting the system to
    work correctly?

    Erik Hallsten

  2. Re: sound chips problem

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 04:29:03 -0400, Erik Hallsten wrote:

    > Sound chips problem

    I have no experience with using multiple sound cards, so I can't help you with
    that. You may have better luck if you post your article in alt.os.linux.mandriva,
    as this newsgroup has pretty well died.

    You should include which version of mandriva linux you're using. If you
    are using mandrake, that's very old, and should be replaced with a new
    mandriva installation.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins