Problem with k3b - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Problem with k3b - Mandrake ; All: The last few versions of k3b all have failed whenever I have tried to copy one DVD to another. K3b seems to freeze the screen while the DVD burner light keeps going and going. Does anyone know of any ...

  1. Problem with k3b

    All:
    The last few versions of k3b all have failed whenever I have tried to copy one DVD to another. K3b seems to
    freeze the screen while the DVD burner light keeps going and going. Does anyone know of any good Linux
    burner software that will allow me to copy one DVD to another? Thank you.

    Keith

  2. Re: Problem with k3b

    Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > The last few versions of k3b all have failed whenever I have tried to
    > copy one DVD to another. K3b seems to
    > freeze the screen while the DVD burner light keeps going and going. Does
    > anyone know of any good Linux burner software that will allow me to copy
    > one DVD to another? Thank you.
    >
    > Keith

    Over the years there had been some oddities in k3b's performance but in my
    experience they were ironed out ages ago. Why not reply with further clues:

    Which version of which distro/os
    Which version of k3b
    Spec of device read from
    Ditto of device read to.

    Have you tried the exercise as root?

    Alan

  3. Re: Problem with k3b

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > Keith Lee wrote:
    >
    >> All:
    >> The last few versions of k3b all have failed whenever I have tried to
    >> copy one DVD to another. K3b seems to
    >> freeze the screen while the DVD burner light keeps going and going. Does
    >> anyone know of any good Linux burner software that will allow me to copy
    >> one DVD to another? Thank you.
    >>
    >> Keith

    > Over the years there had been some oddities in k3b's performance but in my
    > experience they were ironed out ages ago. Why not reply with further
    > clues:
    >
    > Which version of which distro/os
    > Which version of k3b
    > Spec of device read from
    > Ditto of device read to.
    >
    > Have you tried the exercise as root?
    >
    > Alan

    There is a long discussion of this bug on the Ubuntu forums. It is a KDE
    thing - just as the disappearing update icon is a KDE thing, and the only
    fix offered by the Mandriva forums is to switch to GNOME.

    My experience was to do a complete data DVD, then when it should have
    said "Success" I got the permission error message.

    Doug

+ Reply to Thread