How to delete a post using Pan? - Mandrake

This is a discussion on How to delete a post using Pan? - Mandrake ; All: I tried deleting a post using Pan's "Cancel Article" command. It doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you. Keith...

  1. How to delete a post using Pan?

    All:
    I tried deleting a post using Pan's "Cancel Article" command. It doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

    Keith

  2. Re: How to delete a post using Pan?

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:06:15 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:

    First thing to do is set it so your posts wrap about 65 characters
    which will leave room for the reply indicators added to front of replies.

    Some people may not bother to respond if they have to reformat your
    post when they reply.

    > I tried deleting a post using Pan's "Cancel Article" command. It
    > doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

    Several news servers had to disable the feature because of A$$H013s
    doing rouge cancels.

    If you do want to continue playing with cancel. do use any news group
    ending in .test

  3. Re: How to delete a post using Pan?

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:06:15 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > I tried deleting a post using Pan's "Cancel Article" command. It
    > doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Keith

    Right click on the article - select 'delete' from the menu.

  4. Re: How to delete a post using Pan?

    Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > I tried deleting a post using Pan's "Cancel Article" command.
    > It doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

    Yes. Don't post by mistake. Most servers don't honor cancels.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  5. Re: How to delete a post using Pan?

    Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:
    > I tried deleting a post using Pan's "Cancel Article" command. It doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Keith

    Yes. Next time, think before you make the post. Nothing that makes its
    way to the Internet - and yes, Usenet is one of the oldest parts of the
    Internet - can ever be fully deleted. Nothing.

    TJ

+ Reply to Thread