squid ACL logging - Mandrake

This is a discussion on squid ACL logging - Mandrake ; HI Guys, WE have configured squid for internet browsing and have used many ACLs to block different catagories of websites. Using squid access.log we are able to see that a website is getting blocked but i want to know how ...

  1. squid ACL logging

    HI Guys,
    WE have configured squid for internet browsing and have used many ACLs
    to block different catagories of websites. Using squid access.log we
    are able to see that a website is getting blocked but i want to know
    how to check which ACL in squid.conf is blocking a particular website.
    Please help how to check this,
    Regards
    Dinesh

  2. Re: squid ACL logging

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 05:01:07 -0500, Cisco_King wrote:

    > WE have configured squid for internet browsing and have used many ACLs
    > to block different catagories of websites. Using squid access.log we
    > are able to see that a website is getting blocked but i want to know
    > how to check which ACL in squid.conf is blocking a particular website.

    According to http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl
    In squid.conf, add ...
    debug_options ALL,1 33,2
    which will add info to the log, on which acl was matched.

    You'll be more likely to find more help, in another newsgroup, such as
    alt.os.linux.mandriva, or comp.os.linux.networking, or on one of the squid
    mailing lists.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins