Help... empty init.d, and rc folders - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Help... empty init.d, and rc folders - Mandrake ; what can i do to repair the system, i've been cheking the bin and sbin folders and all seems to be fine, but what wil happen if the machine reboots? the machine is in a datacenter away from me.... is ...

  1. Help... empty init.d, and rc folders

    what can i do to repair the system, i've been cheking the bin and sbin
    folders and all seems to be fine, but what wil happen if the machine
    reboots?

    the machine is in a datacenter away from me....

    is there a way to restore the whole system?

    thank in advance for any further help

  2. Re: Help... empty init.d, and rc folders

    On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 06:21:53 -0800 (PST), Victor Valderrama wrote:
    > what can i do to repair the system, i've been cheking the bin and sbin
    > folders and all seems to be fine, but what wil happen if the machine
    > reboots?

    No telling. You better see what else is trashed.

    rpm -Va > /tmp/verify

    man rpm to understand codes found in the file /tmp/verify

    > the machine is in a datacenter away from me....
    >
    > is there a way to restore the whole system?

    Sure, get out the backups and install them.

    > thank in advance for any further help

    My WAG would be urpmi initscripts --force

    --
    The warranty and liability expired as you read this message.
    Practice safe computing. Backup the file before you change it.

+ Reply to Thread