error: C compiler cannot create executables... - Mandrake

This is a discussion on error: C compiler cannot create executables... - Mandrake ; I have as installed and gcc, and I still get this error: error: C compiler cannot create executables. Using Kubuntu linux log file is: sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc' target_alias='' w32_path='' ## ----------- ## ## confdefs.h. ## ## ----------- ## #define PACKAGE_NAME "" #define ...

  1. error: C compiler cannot create executables...

    I have as installed and gcc, and I still get this error:

    error: C compiler cannot create executables.

    Using Kubuntu linux

    log file is:

    sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
    target_alias=''
    w32_path=''

    ## ----------- ##
    ## confdefs.h. ##
    ## ----------- ##

    #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
    #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
    #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
    #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
    #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
    #define XINE_MAJOR 1
    #define XINE_MINOR 1
    #define XINE_SUB 8
    #define XINE_TEXTDOMAIN "libxine1"
    #define PACKAGE "xine-lib"
    #define VERSION "1.1.8"

    configure: exit 77
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling gcc and I get this error for
    everything I try to install from source. I have set the CC to gcc and
    I don't know what else to look for.

  2. Re: error: C compiler cannot create executables...

    On Jan 6, 6:52 pm, pentupentr...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have as installed and gcc, and I still get this error:
    >
    > error: C compiler cannot create executables.
    >
    > Using Kubuntu linux
    >
    > log file is:
    >
    > sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
    > target_alias=''
    > w32_path=''
    >
    > ## ----------- ##
    > ## confdefs.h. ##
    > ## ----------- ##
    >
    > #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
    > #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
    > #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
    > #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
    > #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
    > #define XINE_MAJOR 1
    > #define XINE_MINOR 1
    > #define XINE_SUB 8
    > #define XINE_TEXTDOMAIN "libxine1"
    > #define PACKAGE "xine-lib"
    > #define VERSION "1.1.8"
    >
    > configure: exit 77
    > I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling gcc and I get this error for
    > everything I try to install from source. I have set the CC to gcc and
    > I don't know what else to look for.

    I apologize, I didn't mean to post this in mandrake, but if anyone can
    help I'd appreciate it.

  3. Re: error: C compiler cannot create executables...

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:52:54 -0500, wrote:

    > I have as installed and gcc, and I still get this error:

    gcc is a front end which calls a backend such as cpp or c++.

    In Mandriva (formerly Mandrake), the following backend packages are available...
    gcc-c++
    gcc-cpp
    gcc-gfortran
    gcc-gnat
    gcc-java
    gcc-objc
    gcc-objc++

    I don't know which package manager Kubuntu uses, but check it for
    any packages similar to the above.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: error: C compiler cannot create executables...

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:52:54 -0500, wrote:
    >
    >> I have as installed and gcc, and I still get this error:

    > gcc is a front end which calls a backend such as cpp or c++.
    >
    > In Mandriva (formerly Mandrake), the following backend packages are
    > available... gcc-c++
    > gcc-cpp
    > gcc-gfortran
    > gcc-gnat
    > gcc-java
    > gcc-objc
    > gcc-objc++
    >
    > I don't know which package manager Kubuntu uses, but check it for
    > any packages similar to the above.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    I have had this error as well. I was advised to use the following command
    (for Wine) "sudo apt-get build-dep wine wine-dev".

    The build-dep should take care of the OP's problem. I am not sure whether
    it is a standalone, or needs a package name to follow; I suspect the
    former. Try "sudo apt-get build-dep" first, or look for it under kynaptic.

    HTH,

    Doug.

+ Reply to Thread