Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mandriva Linux 2008 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mandriva Linux 2008 - Mandrake ; All: I am having problems downloading or viewing PDF files using Firefox 2.0.0.6 with Mandriva Linux 2008. No matter how I have reset Firefox or the KDE desktop to show that I want the PDF files either downloaded or viewed ...

  1. Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mandriva Linux 2008

    All:
    I am having problems downloading or viewing PDF files using Firefox 2.0.0.6 with Mandriva Linux 2008. No
    matter how I have reset Firefox or the KDE desktop to show that I want the PDF files either downloaded or
    viewed with kpdf, the popup window appears asking if I want to view the selected PDF file with Cinepaint or do I
    want to download it? Any help on this matter?

    Keith

  2. Re: Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mandriva Linux 2008

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:10:26 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:

    You may want to look around in pan or your editor and set line wrap to
    something between 65 and 70. Some subject matter experts may choose
    not to respond if they have to reformat your post.

    > I am having problems downloading or viewing PDF files using Firefox
    > 2.0.0.6 with Mandriva Linux 2008.

    First thing I would suggest is go to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ pick
    your main, contrib, updates, non-free mirrors. CLick the Proceed to
    Step 2, 3, click up a terminal,
    su - root
    and cut from browser, and paste in terminal. Then do a

    urpmi --wget --auto-select --auto
    to get all your updates.

    That should bring you up to date with
    mozilla-firefox Version: 2.0.0.11-1.1mdv2008.0 and several other fixes.

    exit will close the root session
    exit will close the terminal.

  3. Re: Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mandriva Linux 2008

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:10:26 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:

    > I am having problems downloading or viewing PDF files using Firefox
    > 2.0.0.6 with Mandriva Linux 2008. No
    > matter how I have reset Firefox or the KDE desktop to show that I want
    > the PDF files either downloaded or viewed with kpdf, the popup window
    > appears asking if I want to view the selected PDF file with Cinepaint or
    > do I want to download it? Any help on this matter?

    When the popup pops up, use the pulldown to select another app to use. If
    the one you want isn't there, just type it in iirc. I use acroread. But I
    had to install it first. As far as I can remember, this has always been
    like this.