Clearing the clipboard. HOW?? - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Clearing the clipboard. HOW?? - Mandrake ; Good day, I run mandrake 10.1 I almost always use KDE. What I find annoying is sometimes (and twice recently) I cannot cut and paste text properly. I can highlight a sentence, word or paragraph and paste it using either ...

  1. Clearing the clipboard. HOW??

    Good day,

    I run mandrake 10.1
    I almost always use KDE.
    What I find annoying is sometimes (and twice recently) I cannot cut and
    paste text properly.
    I can highlight a sentence, word or paragraph and paste it using either
    keyboard shortcut (ctrl/c ctrl/v) or using the menu.
    Sometimes the newest cut does not get pasted, but the OLDER cut appears in
    its place.
    I find it VERY annoying to say the least. Sometimes having to shut down and
    reboot to get things back to normal.

    So, how do I refresh the clipboard and keep this from happening again?

    Alp

  2. Re: Clearing the clipboard. HOW??

    alp wrote:
    > Good day,
    >
    > I run mandrake 10.1
    > I almost always use KDE.
    > What I find annoying is sometimes (and twice recently) I cannot cut and
    > paste text properly.
    > I can highlight a sentence, word or paragraph and paste it using either
    > keyboard shortcut (ctrl/c ctrl/v) or using the menu.
    > Sometimes the newest cut does not get pasted, but the OLDER cut appears in
    > its place.
    > I find it VERY annoying to say the least. Sometimes having to shut down and
    > reboot to get things back to normal.
    >
    > So, how do I refresh the clipboard and keep this from happening again?
    >
    > Alp

    Two answers:
    - use Klipper to control the clipboard. It is very useful with this
    problem. Klipper is a KDE clipboard manager.
    - upgrade to a new version. This problem is no more present.

    Robert

  3. Re: Clearing the clipboard. HOW??

    > Two answers:
    > - use Klipper to control the clipboard. It is very useful with this
    > problem. Klipper is a KDE clipboard manager.
    > - upgrade to a new version. This problem is no more present.
    >
    > Robert

    Thank you for this much needed info Robert!

    Alp

+ Reply to Thread