Pls help w/ MDV08 boot errors - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Pls help w/ MDV08 boot errors - Mandrake ; Hello, I am hoping the collective wisdom of this group can help me with some errors that I am getting when trying to boot MDV 2008. I am running an Intel D915GHA board with a P4 560 3.6 GHz CPU. ...

  1. Pls help w/ MDV08 boot errors

    Hello,

    I am hoping the collective wisdom of this group can help me with some
    errors that I am getting when trying to boot MDV 2008. I am running
    an Intel D915GHA board with a P4 560 3.6 GHz CPU. MDV is installed on
    a SATA drive sitting between 2 NTFS partitions. I used the existing /
    and /home partitions from my previous MDV 2007 install which ran fine.
    I did an ftp "install" rather than an "upgrade" from the boot CD.
    Install went well however on first boot after the install I get the
    following errors:

    Mounting /proc filesystem
    Mousting sysfs
    Creating device files
    Mounting tempfs on /dev
    Creating root devices
    Unable to access resume device (/dev/sda6)
    No resume device specified
    Trying userspace resume from suspend.conf file
    No resume device in syspend.conf
    echo: cannot open /sys/power/suspend2/do_resume for write: 2
    echo: cannot open /sys/power/tuxonice/do_resume for write: 2
    Mounting root filesystem /dev/root with flags relatime
    mount: error 6 mounting ext2 fleags relatime
    well, retrying without the option flags
    mount: error 6 mounting ext2
    Switching to new root
    ERROR opening /dev/console!!!!: 2
    unmounting old /proc
    unmounting old /sys
    switchroot: mount failed: 22
    Initrd finished

    This all that was visible after the panic halted the system booting.
    I tried some of the settings like pci=noacpi, acpi=oldboot, acpi=off,
    acpi=force, and apm=off with no joy.

    Any suggestions on where to look to fix the problem?

    THx!

    ~Von

  2. Re: Pls help w/ MDV08 boot errors

    ~Von wrote:
    > Install went well however on first boot after the install I get the
    > following errors:
    >

    > switchroot: mount failed: 22
    > Initrd finished
    > Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

    Could be a filesystem problem (fsck) or broken initrd,
    fix it via rescue mode.

    Google also suggests the /dev directory might not exist.

+ Reply to Thread