offline reader/database - Mandrake

This is a discussion on offline reader/database - Mandrake ; Hello group, I have wanted to download all the messages in a yahoo group site that I visit from time to time so I can have an archive of info at my fingertips. Short of downloading and saving each message, ...

  1. offline reader/database

    Hello group,

    I have wanted to download all the messages in a yahoo group site that I
    visit from time to time so I can have an archive of info at my fingertips.

    Short of downloading and saving each message, I was told there is a
    different way to do so. As an example, of PG offline (an offline news
    reader for yahoo groups) was recommended to me, but it does not run under
    linux.
    I run mandrake 10.1.
    I have googled something like ("yahoo offline" and linux) and ("pg offline"
    and linux)
    but didn't find (yet) what I am looking for.
    The number of hits is amazing with both offline and/or linux and/or yahoo...

    Alp

  2. Re: offline reader/database

    On 2007-10-24, alp wrote:

    > Hello group,
    >
    > I have wanted to download all the messages in a yahoo group site that I
    > visit from time to time so I can have an archive of info at my fingertips.
    >
    > Short of downloading and saving each message, I was told there is a
    > different way to do so. As an example, of PG offline (an offline news
    > reader for yahoo groups) was recommended to me, but it does not run under
    > linux.
    > I run mandrake 10.1.

    Yikes! That's /old/. I strongly recommend that you get the latest
    version, Mandriva 2008 (the name changed in 2004 when the merger with
    Connectiva took place). There's also a newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandriva.

    > I have googled something like ("yahoo offline" and linux) and ("pg offline"
    > and linux)
    > but didn't find (yet) what I am looking for.
    > The number of hits is amazing with both offline and/or linux and/or yahoo...
    >
    > Alp

    . The
    second and third 'hits' are for "Yahoo Groups Archiver"

    If the group concerned incorporates a 'mailing list' then your email
    program can be used to receive and archive all the posted messages.

    --
    -- Whiskers

+ Reply to Thread