Problems burning DVDs -- Part Two - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Problems burning DVDs -- Part Two - Mandrake ; All: A big thank you to all of you who gave me the advice on how to better burn DVDs. Most of the time, burning slower with a 16MB buffer works great. I am still having problems with some burnt ...

  1. Problems burning DVDs -- Part Two

    All:
    A big thank you to all of you who gave me the advice on how to better
    burn DVDs. Most of the time, burning slower with a 16MB buffer works
    great.
    I am still having problems with some burnt DVDs though. I have been
    burning with TDK DVDs and CDs on Mandriva Linux 2007 with K3B for some
    time now; but, this is a fairly new problem. When I first burn a
    multisession onto a DVD, the burn seems OK. When I then attempt to
    continue that multisession, most of the times it's fine. Sometimes I find
    that the DVD wasn't properly burnt and I find that the DVD cannot
    properly mount. I then have to reboot to my Windows 2000 OS to save
    whatever I can from this DVD.
    My DVD burners are both Liteon and I have an older AMD 1100 PC system.
    If anyone knows what else I need to use or do in order to keep these
    badly burnt DVDs down to a minimum, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

    Keith

  2. Re: Problems burning DVDs -- Part Two

    Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > A big thank you to all of you who gave me the advice on how to better
    > burn DVDs. Most of the time, burning slower with a 16MB buffer works
    > great.
    > I am still having problems with some burnt DVDs though. I have been
    > burning with TDK DVDs and CDs on Mandriva Linux 2007 with K3B for some
    > time now; but, this is a fairly new problem.

    Try to remember if you changed anything before the before the burning issue
    showed up.

    --
    faeychild

+ Reply to Thread