Problems with badly burnt DVDs - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Problems with badly burnt DVDs - Mandrake ; All: Sometimes, when I am burning some mp3 files onto a DVD, the burn will fail. After that, I find that some of these badly burned DVDs won't mount properly on my Mandriva Linux 2007 OS. I then have to ...

  1. Problems with badly burnt DVDs

    All:
    Sometimes, when I am burning some mp3 files onto a DVD, the burn will
    fail. After that, I find that some of these badly burned DVDs won't mount
    properly on my Mandriva Linux 2007 OS. I then have to reboot into my
    Windows 2000 OS in order to read at least some of the DVD so I can save
    that part. Is there a way of either mounting the DVD or burning on it
    via K3B to better ensure that I can later mount the badly burnt DVD in
    order to save some part of it? I have tried the using dd on linux but
    that doesn't always work. I have heard about burning the DVD at a slower
    speed but I don't see the connection. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    Keith

  2. Re: Problems with badly burnt DVDs

    Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > Sometimes, when I am burning some mp3 files onto a DVD, the burn will
    > fail. After that, I find that some of these badly burned DVDs won't mount
    > properly on my Mandriva Linux 2007 OS. I then have to reboot into my
    > Windows 2000 OS in order to read at least some of the DVD so I can save
    > that part. Is there a way of either mounting the DVD or burning on it
    > via K3B to better ensure that I can later mount the badly burnt DVD in
    > order to save some part of it? I have tried the using dd on linux but
    > that doesn't always work. I have heard about burning the DVD at a slower
    > speed but I don't see the connection. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    >
    > Keith

    if u use k3b to burn your dvd's go into setting and put in 16mb buffer.
    that may help u. and u need to use good media. cheap media isnt cheap
    in the long run.

    --
    Love is all u need.

  3. Re: Problems with badly burnt DVDs

    On 7 Oct at 21:40 patrick darcy wrote in
    message <4709443d$0$11009$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>

    [snip]

    > if u use k3b to burn your dvd's go into setting and put in 16mb buffer.
    > that may help u. and u need to use good media. cheap media isnt cheap in
    > the long run.

    Hmm, it seems to me your keyboard is seriously broken. Evidenly the shift
    key is stuck at 0, and your Y and O keys don't work very well. Oh, and the
    apostrophe seems to be intermittent.

    Cheap keyboards detract so much from the credibility of your message.

    --
    Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
    Buckinghamshire, England

  4. Re: Problems with badly burnt DVDs

    patrick darcy wrote:
    > Keith Lee wrote:
    >
    >> All:
    >> Sometimes, when I am burning some mp3 files onto a DVD, the burn will
    >> fail. After that, I find that some of these badly burned DVDs won't mount
    >> properly on my Mandriva Linux 2007 OS. I then have to reboot into my
    >> Windows 2000 OS in order to read at least some of the DVD so I can save
    >> that part. Is there a way of either mounting the DVD or burning on it
    >> via K3B to better ensure that I can later mount the badly burnt DVD in
    >> order to save some part of it? I have tried the using dd on linux but
    >> that doesn't always work. I have heard about burning the DVD at a slower
    >> speed but I don't see the connection. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    >>
    >> Keith

    > if u use k3b to burn your dvd's go into setting and put in 16mb buffer.
    > that may help u. and u need to use good media. cheap media isnt cheap
    > in the long run.

    Not sure you want to do this... 32MB is the k3b default for DVD burns

  5. Re: Problems with badly burnt DVDs

    Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > Sometimes, when I am burning some mp3 files onto a DVD, the burn will
    > fail. After that, I find that some of these badly burned DVDs won't mount
    > properly on my Mandriva Linux 2007 OS. I then have to reboot into my
    > Windows 2000 OS in order to read at least some of the DVD so I can save
    > that part. Is there a way of either mounting the DVD or burning on it
    > via K3B to better ensure that I can later mount the badly burnt DVD in
    > order to save some part of it? I have tried the using dd on linux but
    > that doesn't always work. I have heard about burning the DVD at a slower
    > speed but I don't see the connection. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    >
    > Keith

    Clean the lens and try a slower burn . If you can beg or borrow another burner
    try that.

    --
    faeychild

  6. Re: Problems with badly burnt DVDs

    Unmount DVD icon. DVD is still in the drive. Re-mount DVD icon. The
    content is visible and "mounted properly".

    2007.10.07. 18:51:49 dátumon Keith Lee wrote:

    > I find that some of these badly burned DVDs won't mount
    > properly on my Mandriva Linux 2007 OS.

+ Reply to Thread