executable files that wont open - Mandrake

This is a discussion on executable files that wont open - Mandrake ; i recently downloaded the newest version of Quicktime Player and every time i try to open it, an alert pops up saying that it is an executable file and may contain virus and i click ok then another alert pops ...

  1. executable files that wont open

    i recently downloaded the newest version of Quicktime Player and every
    time i try to open it, an alert pops up saying that it is an
    executable file and may contain virus and i click ok then another
    alert pops up saying that it has to find an application to run it and
    i click launch application and the alert goes away but Quicktime wont
    open. it is also keeping me from opening iTunes and using it.

  2. Re: executable files that wont open

    dillon_barton2000@hotmail.com wrote:
    > i recently downloaded the newest version of Quicktime Player and every
    > time i try to open it, an alert pops up saying that it is an
    > executable file and may contain virus and i click ok then another
    > alert pops up saying that it has to find an application to run it and
    > i click launch application and the alert goes away but Quicktime wont
    > open. it is also keeping me from opening iTunes and using it.

    These are routine problems with M$ Winblows.

    And the problem you wish addressed in a (superceded)
    Linux OS forum is ???

    --
    Guide to OS selection:
    If you want to know why it works, Linux

  3. Re: executable files that wont open

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:06:01 -0700, dillon_barton2000 wrote:

    > i recently downloaded the newest version of Quicktime Player and every
    > time i try to open it, an alert pops up saying that it is an
    > executable file and may contain virus and i click ok then another
    > alert pops up saying that it has to find an application to run it and
    > i click launch application and the alert goes away but Quicktime wont
    > open. it is also keeping me from opening iTunes and using it.

    Well, that sucks.