My linux machine is crashed - Mandrake

This is a discussion on My linux machine is crashed - Mandrake ; Hi, My linux machine is crashed.now how to get back my linux without data loss. pls help me.i'm newer to linux....

  1. My linux machine is crashed

    Hi,

    My linux machine is crashed.now how to get back my linux without data
    loss.
    pls help me.i'm newer to linux.

  2. Re: My linux machine is crashed

    thiyagu050@gmail.com writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My linux machine is crashed.now how to get back my linux without data
    > loss.

    Do you mean you can't get it to boot?
    What exactly happens.

    > pls help me.i'm newer to linux.

    We're not telepathic.
    Give us some information and you might get some help.

    If the machine is OK and it hangs on boot or something like that,
    a live CD like knoppix might help.

  3. Re: My linux machine is crashed

    On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:48:36 -0700, thiyagu050 wrote:

    > pls help me.i'm newer to linux.

    No you're not.

    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  4. Re: My linux machine is crashed

    thiyagu050@gmail.com writes:

    >Hi,

    >My linux machine is crashed.now how to get back my linux without data
    >loss.
    >pls help me.i'm newer to linux.

    I am sorry, nothing can recover the information from a burned box which has
    been in an airline crash. If that is not what you meant, perhaps giving us
    a wee bit of information might help you to get some help. What do you mean
    "crashed" What are the symptoms.

    And note, backups are a good idea. Always. Some crashes cannot be recovered
    from, some can.

+ Reply to Thread