What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux? - Mandrake

This is a discussion on What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux? - Mandrake ; All: What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux? I am using Mandriva Linux 2007. I have heard that Epson's are a bit pricey due to the fact that you have to change printheads whenever you ...

  1. What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux?

    All:
    What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux? I am using
    Mandriva Linux 2007. I have heard that Epson's are a bit pricey due to
    the fact that you have to change printheads whenever you get new ink for
    it.

    Keith

  2. Re: What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux?

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:10:51 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux? I am using
    > Mandriva Linux 2007. I have heard that Epson's are a bit pricey due to
    > the fact that you have to change printheads whenever you get new ink for
    > it.

    Brother. They support linux and have some nice MFC printers. I'm using a
    refurbed MFC 420CN (network capable) I got for $49.

    http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ataglance.aspx?type=VALL

    http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/

  3. Re: What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux?

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:10:51 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux? I am using
    > Mandriva Linux 2007. I have heard that Epson's are a bit pricey due to
    > the fact that you have to change printheads whenever you get new ink for
    > it.
    >
    > Keith

    Not crazy about all-in-one's, myself. If there is any way you could try
    one first, I'd suggest looking at the new Kodak all-in-one's. They claim
    the cost of consummables is about 1/2 the competition. This is a fairly
    new product, and I've not been able to track down any Linux usage yet. BUT
    - it is supposed to work with MAC - definitely a good sign. I understand
    that MAC uses CUPS - so a fairly good chance it could be made to work.

  4. Re: What All In One printer scanner fax would you buy for Linux?

    Just to add another label, HP has an excellent support for Linux. With
    hp-toolbox I can use my HP all-in-one (a now old Officejet 5110) with no
    problem. There is also a very helpful Internet usergroup for hp-toolbox. I
    have Mandriva 2007-1.

    g.

    --
    Guido Milanese
    Vocal Ensemble Ars Antiqua, Genova (Genoa), Italy

+ Reply to Thread