CheckInstall: rpmbuild ignoring BuildRoot - Mandrake

This is a discussion on CheckInstall: rpmbuild ignoring BuildRoot - Mandrake ; I use CheckInstall to automatically turn my installs into RPMs, and it worked great up until I upgraded my PC to Mandriva One 2007 Spring. CheckInstall produces a spec file like this: Summary: nethack Name: nethack Version: 3.4.3 Release: 1 ...

  1. CheckInstall: rpmbuild ignoring BuildRoot

    I use CheckInstall to automatically turn my installs into RPMs, and it
    worked great up until I upgraded my PC to Mandriva One 2007 Spring.
    CheckInstall produces a spec file like this:

    Name: nethack
    Version: 3.4.3
    Release: 1
    License: GPL
    Packager: checkinstall-1.6.1
    Group: checkinstall
    BuildRoot: /root/tmp/YGcFFbcZSCJRRcdSjJkCH/package
    Provides: nethack
    Requires: ,/bin/sh
    %define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0

    But when CheckInstall (or me from the command line) do this:

    rpmbuild -bb nethack-3.4.3.spec

    it looks for the files under /root/tmp/nethack-root rather than /root/
    tmp/YGcFFbcZSCJRRcdSjJkCH/package. I must have something about
    rpmbuild horribly misconfigured, but I haven't a clue as to what,
    since I know nothing about making RPMs.

    I'm using rpm-build version 4.4.8, release 5mdv2008.0

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: CheckInstall: rpmbuild ignoring BuildRoot

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 05:43:54 -0000, Matthew Cline wrote:

    > I use CheckInstall to automatically turn my installs into RPMs, and it
    > worked great up until I upgraded my PC to Mandriva One 2007 Spring.
    >
    > I'm using rpm-build version 4.4.8, release 5mdv2008.0

    Why are you running 2007.1 (Spring) and what looks
    to be a cooker rpm (2008.0) instead of the rpm released for Spring,
    rpm-build-4.4.6-21mdv2007.1.i586.rpm Mar 29 18:25

    You might want to do a
    cat /etc/release
    to see what you are running.

  3. Re: CheckInstall: rpmbuild ignoring BuildRoot

    On Aug 30, 12:35 am, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Why are you running 2007.1 (Spring) and what looks
    > to be a cooker rpm (2008.0) instead of the rpm released for Spring,
    > rpm-build-4.4.6-21mdv2007.1.i586.rpm Mar 29 18:25

    I can't remember. I downgraded back to the Spring release version and
    it works fine now. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread