Personal Assets Register - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Personal Assets Register - Mandrake ; As a recent convert from Win2kPro to Mandriva 2007.0, I have been impressed by the wide range of applications equivalencies (many are better than the Win app). One thing I miss, though, is a personal assets register - to record ...

  1. Personal Assets Register

    As a recent convert from Win2kPro to Mandriva 2007.0, I have been
    impressed by the wide range of applications equivalencies (many are
    better than the Win app).

    One thing I miss, though, is a personal assets register - to record the
    purchase date, price, serial number, warranty, etc of household items
    (TVs, etc). Such an application should also have facilities for
    grouping items generically, printing out a report by insurance policy,
    and the ability to periodically re-value items.

    I was previously using a part of the Winapp 'InCharge' to do all these
    things.

    Anyone know of a suitable Mandrake/iva .rpm or source for such an
    equivalent application?

    --
    John Williams
    Nelson, New Zealand

  2. Re: Personal Assets Register

    jw_karori wrote:

    > As a recent convert from Win2kPro to Mandriva 2007.0, I have been
    > impressed by the wide range of applications equivalencies (many are
    > better than the Win app).
    >
    > One thing I miss, though, is a personal assets register - to record the
    > purchase date, price, serial number, warranty, etc of household items
    > (TVs, etc). Such an application should also have facilities for
    > grouping items generically, printing out a report by insurance policy,
    > and the ability to periodically re-value items.
    >
    > I was previously using a part of the Winapp 'InCharge' to do all these
    > things.
    >
    > Anyone know of a suitable Mandrake/iva .rpm or source for such an
    > equivalent application?

    No I don't (not that I've looked), but it seems a good idea. Wouldn't this
    be a job for a simple spreadsheet? Open Office has "Calc" - creating
    something suitable should be trivial.

    Chris

  3. Re: Personal Assets Register

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:07:21 +1200, jw_karori wrote:
    > As a recent convert from Win2kPro to Mandriva 2007.0, I have been
    > impressed by the wide range of applications equivalencies (many are
    > better than the Win app).
    >
    > One thing I miss, though, is a personal assets register - to record the
    > purchase date, price, serial number, warranty, etc of household items
    > (TVs, etc). Such an application should also have facilities for
    > grouping items generically, printing out a report by insurance policy,
    > and the ability to periodically re-value items.

    Just a SWAG:
    http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_...ssets+register

    From your discription, SARM Simple Asset and Repair Manager,
    R6 Home Inventory, Fixed Asset Management System (FAMS),

+ Reply to Thread