Thunderbird 2.0 prefs.js question - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 2.0 prefs.js question - Mandrake ; All: Does anyone know what the prefs. js line is in order to allow thunderbird 2.0 to go to firefox when a user clicks a URL link in an email? Thanks. Keith...

  1. Thunderbird 2.0 prefs.js question

    All:
    Does anyone know what the prefs.js line is in order to allow thunderbird
    2.0 to go to firefox when a user clicks a URL link in an email? Thanks.

    Keith

  2. Re: Thunderbird 2.0 prefs.js question

    Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:
    > Does anyone know what the prefs.js line is in order to allow thunderbird
    > 2.0 to go to firefox when a user clicks a URL link in an email? Thanks.

    I don't know where in the prefs.js, but you can set firefox as default
    browser in "Preferred Applications".
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

  3. Re: Thunderbird 2.0 prefs.js question

    Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > Keith Lee wrote:
    >> All:
    >> Does anyone know what the prefs.js line is in order to allow
    >> thunderbird 2.0 to go to firefox when a user clicks a URL link in an
    >> email? Thanks.

    > I don't know where in the prefs.js, but you can set firefox as default
    > browser in "Preferred Applications".

    http://support-stage.mozilla.org/tik...ault%20browser

    Of course, when I go in Firefox to Edit/Preferences/Main, I find no
    option to select Firefox as my default browser. Perhaps this is
    because it already is my default and Mozilla sees no need to help
    change that....

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  4. Re: Thunderbird 2.0 prefs.js question

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:17:51 +0000, Jim Beard wrote:
    > Of course, when I go in Firefox to Edit/Preferences/Main, I find no
    > option to select Firefox as my default browser. Perhaps this is
    > because it already is my default and Mozilla sees no need to help
    > change that....

    I answered this question for my LUG a while back. You can get the info at
    http://omnibus.bobanna.com/GRLUG/

  5. Re: Thunderbird 2.0 prefs.js question

    Ranma wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:17:51 +0000, Jim Beard wrote:
    >> Of course, when I go in Firefox to Edit/Preferences/Main, I find no
    >> option to select Firefox as my default browser. Perhaps this is
    >> because it already is my default and Mozilla sees no need to help
    >> change that....

    > I answered this question for my LUG a while back. You can get the info at
    > http://omnibus.bobanna.com/GRLUG/

    Thanks for the info on modifying the Thunderbird prefs.js file.
    It still does not explain why Edit-->Preferences-->Main
    in Firefox does not provide an option to set Firefox as
    the default browser, as portrayed in the Mozilla help file

    http://support-stage.mozilla.org/tik...ault%20browser

    Is this an option for Willy's WinBlows only?

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely