gcc: no usable dependency style found ?? - Mandrake

This is a discussion on gcc: no usable dependency style found ?? - Mandrake ; Hello , I'm trying to compile gcc on Mandrake 10.1 ../configure says "no usable dependency style found" What the heck does that mean, and any ideas what to check? Thanks, A_H...

  1. gcc: no usable dependency style found ??

    Hello , I'm trying to compile gcc on Mandrake 10.1

    ../configure says "no usable dependency style found"

    What the heck does that mean, and
    any ideas what to check?

    Thanks,

    A_H

  2. Re: gcc: no usable dependency style found ??

    On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:59:39 -0400, Ancient_Hacker wrote:

    > Hello , I'm trying to compile gcc on Mandrake 10.1
    >
    > ./configure says "no usable dependency style found"
    >
    > What the heck does that mean, and
    > any ideas what to check?

    Are you saying you're trying to compile gcc itself? If so,
    what are you using to compile it, and what options does
    ../configure help
    show?

    If you're trying to upgrade to a newer version of gcc, I expect
    you're going to run into major problems, with compiling kernel
    modules, etc, unless you recompile *everything*.

    It would be much simpler to just do a clean install of 2007.1,
    and then migrate your data over.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins