Sound server fatal error - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Sound server fatal error - Mandrake ; After a Konqueror crash I get Sound server fatal error: /tmp/mcop-root is not owned by user How can I get my system sound back from alsa?...

  1. Sound server fatal error

    After a Konqueror crash I get

    Sound server fatal error:
    /tmp/mcop-root is not owned by user

    How can I get my system sound back from alsa?

  2. Re: Sound server fatal error

    "giln" skrev i meddelandet
    > After a Konqueror crash I get
    >
    > Sound server fatal error:
    > /tmp/mcop-root is not owned by user
    >
    > How can I get my system sound back from alsa?

    I have found it myself.
    The crash have changed the permissions on artswrapper and artsd.
    There was a wrong s in the permissions.
    The right permissions should be
    -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 3900 sep 23 2004 /usr/bin/artswrapper
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 158800 sep 23 2004 /usr/bin/artsd

    Change also in /home/username/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc
    to true overall
    [StartProgress]
    Arts Init=true
    KNotify Init=true