RealPlayer10 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on RealPlayer10 - Mandrake ; Hi, Need help installing RealPlayer10Gold.. Downloaded RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin to /mnt/win_e/downloads partition. File permisssion is rwxrwxrwx owned by root. Typed 'RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin' in a terminal as root and got the error message 'bash: RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin: command not found'. Since the file extension is .bin, ...

  1. RealPlayer10

    Hi,
    Need help installing RealPlayer10Gold..

    Downloaded RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin to /mnt/win_e/downloads partition.
    File permisssion is rwxrwxrwx owned by root.
    Typed 'RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin' in a terminal as root and got the error
    message 'bash: RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin: command not found'.

    Since the file extension is .bin, I thought running it as a command
    would extract the contents but apparently I am mistaken..

    Would appreciate any help or pointers in installing this package.

    Many thanks,
    Tony

  2. Re: RealPlayer10

    TonyK wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Need help installing RealPlayer10Gold..
    >
    > Downloaded RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin to /mnt/win_e/downloads partition.
    > File permisssion is rwxrwxrwx owned by root.
    > Typed 'RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin' in a terminal as root and got the error
    > message 'bash: RealPlayer10GOLD.bin.bin: command not found'.
    >
    > Since the file extension is .bin, I thought running it as a command
    > would extract the contents but apparently I am mistaken..
    >
    > Would appreciate any help or pointers in installing this package.

    Checked RealPlayer web site and should have used './' before the
    filenmae, now have to look for 'libstdc++.so5' before I can proceed.

    Should have checked before posting!!

  3. Re: RealPlayer10

    On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:15:49 GMT, TonyK wrote:

    > Checked RealPlayer web site and should have used './' before the

    Reading install instructions do help.

    > filenmae, now have to look for 'libstdc++.so5' before I can proceed.

    If you have used http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ to set your main,
    contrib, updates,... mirrors, you should be able to do a
    urpmi --wget libstdc++.so.5 --auto

  4. Re: RealPlayer10

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:15:49 GMT, TonyK wrote:
    >
    >> Checked RealPlayer web site and should have used './' before the

    > Reading install instructions do help.
    >
    >> filenmae, now have to look for 'libstdc++.so5' before I can proceed.

    > If you have used http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ to set your main,
    > contrib, updates,... mirrors, you should be able to do a
    > urpmi --wget libstdc++.so.5 --auto

    Got it playing mp3's with your help, many thanks, Bit..

    Tony

+ Reply to Thread