Mandriva images - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Mandriva images - Mandrake ; Being VERY new to linux I was wondering where to find the images Mandriva uses for its wallpaper and screen savers. -- D? Yorkshire Pete http://yorkshirepete.com/...

  1. Mandriva images

    --
    D?
    Yorkshire Pete

  2. Re: Mandriva images

    On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:27:03 GMT, Yorkshire Pete wrote:
    > Being VERY new to linux

    With several releases of Mandrake now called Mandriva and several
    desktop you may want to read

    > I was wondering where to find the images Mandriva

    You might want to use the alt.os.linux.mandriva newsgroup instead of
    alt.os.linux.mandrake, if your news server carries it.

    > uses for its wallpaper and screen savers.

    Assuming you have configured your mirrors for main, updates, contrib,....
    from http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/.
    Click up a terminal,
    su - root
    urpmi slocate
    /etc/cron.daily/mlocate.cron
    or do a /etc/cron.weekly/slocate.cron if above is not found.
    exit

    locate wallpapers
    locate ScreenSavers

    or you can see what runs by looking in files returned with

    locate ScreenSavers | grep desktop

    If using the KDE desktop manager, you might look around on
    http://www.kde-look.org/

    If using gnome desktop manager, there is http://art.gnome.org/

+ Reply to Thread