thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm - Mandrake

This is a discussion on thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm - Mandrake ; Bit Twister wrote: > On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:51:27 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote: > >> I did made a shortcut like the way you described. However thunderbird >> doesn't startup. > > Tisk, tisk, tisk. all that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

  1. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:51:27 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >
    >> I did made a shortcut like the way you described. However thunderbird
    >> doesn't startup.

    >
    > Tisk, tisk, tisk. all that information given in
    > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    > just going to waste, not to mention our time.
    >
    >> I did made a copy before I changed the link to point where thunderbird
    >> is unpacked. But still thunderbird doesn't startup.

    >
    > If you are going to continue to keep providing no information, I'll
    > have to kill file this thread.

    Sorry, I wouldn't do that again.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers, onlinemarketingtoday,
    24help.info, issociate.de, velocityreviews, umailcampaign.com,
    gthelp.com, webfrustration.com, excip.com and many other to duplicate
    this post.

  2. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:15:19 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > Sorry, I wouldn't do that again.


    So, why did you NOT provide the REQUESTED information. :-(

  3. Re: [OT] thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    On 24 Jun 2007 19:29:21 GMT, Bit Twister
    wrote:

    >On 24 Jun 2007 19:24:13 GMT, Bit Twister wrote:
    >> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:00:58 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thank you for the small list of smillies

    >>
    >> No thanks, needed. I try to write to the lurders when I respond to posts,
    >> even when I know the poster knows what I am writing about. 8-)

    >
    >
    >Frap, that should be lurkers not lurders.


    Now all the Lurders Feel left out

    Harv

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

  4. Re: [OT] thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    Harvie Powis wrote:
    > On 24 Jun 2007 19:29:21 GMT, Bit Twister
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 24 Jun 2007 19:24:13 GMT, Bit Twister wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:00:58 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Thank you for the small list of smillies
    >>> No thanks, needed. I try to write to the lurders when I respond to posts,
    >>> even when I know the poster knows what I am writing about. 8-)

    >>
    >> Frap, that should be lurkers not lurders.

    >
    > Now all the Lurders Feel left out
    >
    > Harv
    >

    And *I* thought he meant lurners (learners)!

  5. Re: [OT] thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    Harvie Powis wrote:
    > On 24 Jun 2007 19:29:21 GMT, Bit Twister
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 24 Jun 2007 19:24:13 GMT, Bit Twister wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:00:58 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Thank you for the small list of smillies
    >>> No thanks, needed. I try to write to the lurders when I respond to posts,
    >>> even when I know the poster knows what I am writing about. 8-)

    >>
    >> Frap, that should be lurkers not lurders.

    >
    > Now all the Lurders Feel left out

    rofl
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers, onlinemarketingtoday,
    24help.info, issociate.de, velocityreviews, umailcampaign.com,
    gthelp.com, webfrustration.com, excip.com and many other to duplicate
    this post.

  6. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:15:19 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, I wouldn't do that again.

    >
    > So, why did you NOT provide the REQUESTED information. :-(

    I didn't know that there is a 'which' command that can show where
    thunderbird command is until Jim had mentioned it.

    Back to the beginning.
    - Installed manually thunderbird-2.0.0.0 in /usr/local/lib
    - Renamed the application/x-shellscript thunderbird into
    thunderbird-2.0.0.0 (see script in e.g. /usr/bin/thunderbird)
    - Copied thunderbird-2.0.0.0 in /usr/bin.
    - Made a starter 'thunderbird' on the desktop with the command
    /usr/bin/thunderbird-2.0.0.0. But thunderbird didn't startup because of
    an error message:
    /usr/local/lib/thunderbird-2.0.0.0/thunderbird-2.0.0.0-bin: error while
    loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object
    file: No such file or directory.
    - David W. Hodgins suggested to install libstdc++.so.5, so I did.

    Aaaah, I know what want wrong. You thought that I had used an older
    starter with a command 'mozilla-thunderbird' instead of using a new
    starter with a command 'thunderbird-2.0.0.0'.

    I would like to thank to all for the help.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers, onlinemarketingtoday,
    24help.info, issociate.de, velocityreviews, umailcampaign.com,
    gthelp.com, webfrustration.com, excip.com and many other to duplicate
    this post.

  7. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:52:14 -0400, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >> so run "urpmi libstdc++5".

    > I'll try you suggestion, thanks for you help.


    Whenever you install a package, without using urpmi, you have to
    ensure all dependencies are installed, yourself.

    If you find another library missing, you can find out which
    package needs to be installed using urpmf like ...
    urpmf /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5

    Replace the library name, of course. Also note, that this will
    only work if you have urpmi setup to use hdlist.cz, not systhesis.hdlist.cz.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  8. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 00:10:07 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >
    > Back to the beginning.
    > - Installed manually thunderbird-2.0.0.0 in /usr/local/lib
    > - Renamed the application/x-shellscript thunderbird into
    > thunderbird-2.0.0.0 (see script in e.g. /usr/bin/thunderbird)


    Yuck, that is not the usuall practice, usually you just link the name
    to version. Can breaks too many things.

    >
    > Aaaah, I know what want wrong. You thought that I had used an older
    > starter with a command 'mozilla-thunderbird' instead of using a new
    > starter with a command 'thunderbird-2.0.0.0'.


    Yes, usuall first guess, second PATH problem, or link.

    > I would like to thank to all for the help.


    So, when are you going to upgrade to thunderbird-2.0.0.4 :-D
    See thread Subject:


  9. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:52:14 -0400, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >
    >> David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >>> so run "urpmi libstdc++5".

    >> I'll try you suggestion, thanks for you help.

    >
    > Whenever you install a package, without using urpmi, you have to
    > ensure all dependencies are installed, yourself.
    >
    > If you find another library missing, you can find out which
    > package needs to be installed using urpmf like ...
    > urpmf /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    >
    > Replace the library name, of course. Also note, that this will
    > only work if you have urpmi setup to use hdlist.cz, not systhesis.hdlist.cz.

    Thanks for the info.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers, onlinemarketingtoday,
    24help.info, issociate.de and software-help1.org to duplicate this post.

  10. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:10:07 -0400, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > I would like to thank to all for the help.


    Does that mean it's working now?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  11. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 00:10:07 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >>
    >> Back to the beginning.
    >> - Installed manually thunderbird-2.0.0.0 in /usr/local/lib
    >> - Renamed the application/x-shellscript thunderbird into
    >> thunderbird-2.0.0.0 (see script in e.g. /usr/bin/thunderbird)

    >
    > Yuck, that is not the usuall practice, usually you just link the name
    > to version. Can breaks too many things.

    I see. Copy the version and then make a link.

    >> Aaaah, I know what want wrong. You thought that I had used an older
    >> starter with a command 'mozilla-thunderbird' instead of using a new
    >> starter with a command 'thunderbird-2.0.0.0'.

    >
    > Yes, usuall first guess, second PATH problem, or link.
    >
    >> I would like to thank to all for the help.

    >
    > So, when are you going to upgrade to thunderbird-2.0.0.4 :-D

    See header of previous post. )

    > See thread Subject:

    Well, it's a good practice. Can't wait for thunderbird-2.0.0.5
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers, onlinemarketingtoday,
    24help.info, issociate.de and software-help1.org to duplicate this post.

  12. Re: thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:10:07 -0400, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to thank to all for the help.

    >
    > Does that mean it's working now?

    It means that it does work.
    Was I a little too fast?
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
    Explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers, onlinemarketingtoday,
    24help.info, issociate.de and software-help1.org to duplicate this post.

  13. Re: [OT] thunderbird 2.0.0.4 rpm

    on Monday 25 June 2007 03:04
    in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandrake
    Bit Twister wrote:

    [snip]
    > :-) Your basic smiley :- )
    > ;-) Winky smiley ;- )
    > :-( Frowning smiley :- (
    > O:-) angel O:- )
    > 8-) User is wearing sunglasses 8- )
    > :-[ rosey cheeks :- [
    > :-* red lips, big eyelashes :- *
    > :-D User is laughing at you :- D
    > :-X User's lips are sealed. :- X
    > Gleep...a friendly midget smiley : )
    > Sad : (
    > :-P sticking out tongue :- P

    [snip]

    Knode also displays emoticons.
    View -> Fancy Formatting

    Unfortunately it does not display them well enough for me to
    use it (either with Knode or Kmail). Too many look like
    simple yellow disks. 8-((

    Plan B; just turn head sideways. ;-)


    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3