Pleased to announce http://gnulinux.in - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Pleased to announce http://gnulinux.in - Mandrake ; Greetings, friends!! I'm Sandip Patel, a FOSS enthusiast based in Bangalore. A few of my colleagues based both in Bangalore and Ahmadabad, have been working with me, on a portal developed and maintained for and by the GNU/Linux community. We ...

  1. Pleased to announce http://gnulinux.in

    Greetings, friends!!

    I'm Sandip Patel, a FOSS enthusiast based in Bangalore. A few of my
    colleagues based both in Bangalore and Ahmadabad, have been working
    with me, on a portal developed and maintained for and by the
    GNU/Linux community. We are keen that this site becomes
    a meeting point for FOSS enthusiasts and contributors.

    On behalf of the maintainers of http://www.gnulinux.in I warmly
    invite all ideas, contributions and suggestions that you have, to
    enhance and enrich the website. We're thankful for all suggestions
    we have already received, and have much to thank the FOSS
    community.

    Here's what is on offer:

    * FOSS knowledge-base: articles
    * Technical forum discussions
    * Personal blogs (of course on GNU/Linux and surrounding topics)
    * Posting space for GNU/Linux, FOSS related job offerings
    * Polls on various aspects of FOSS (and the website).

    And in a short while we are also planing to setup:

    * Student support section
    * Mailing list
    * Wiki etc

    So come, share your experiences, and join us in spreading the joy
    of using GNU/Linux and FOSS.

  2. Re: Pleased to announce http://gnulinux.in

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 02:55:31 -0700, Sandip wrote:

    > I'm Sandip Patel, a FOSS enthusiast based in Bangalore. A few of my
    > colleagues based both in Bangalore and Ahmadabad, have been working

    Is this where all the Indian "tech support" people work that answer the
    phones when we call from the US?

    > On behalf of the maintainers of http://www.gnulinux.in I warmly
    > invite all ideas, contributions and suggestions that you have, to
    > enhance and enrich the website. We're thankful for all suggestions
    > we have already received, and have much to thank the FOSS
    > community.

    I took a quick glance, and I won't be back to visit again. Here's a
    suggestion: Learn some friggin English, and how to properly write a
    correct sentence.

    > Here's what is on offer:
    >
    > * FOSS knowledge-base: articles
    > * Technical forum discussions
    > * Personal blogs (of course on GNU/Linux and surrounding topics)
    > * Posting space for GNU/Linux, FOSS related job offerings
    > * Polls on various aspects of FOSS (and the website).

    What's "on offer" is the same old crap that's available on a million other
    "support" forums. Most of it's useless, and especially so in this case
    since it's written in pidgin English. Oh, and the site is so "busy" that
    you can't even find something you want, even if you wanted to.

    Bugger off.

  3. Re: Pleased to announce http://gnulinux.in

    On 2007-06-12, Sandip wrote:
    > Greetings, friends!!
    >
    > I'm Sandip Patel, a FOSS enthusiast based in Bangalore. A few of my

    Multi-posted spam. Plonk!

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net