how to remove a soft link created on the same directory - Mandrake

This is a discussion on how to remove a soft link created on the same directory - Mandrake ; Hi I created a soft link to the directory in the following manner: cd /home/user_abc/ ln -s /home/user_abc/dir dir So now this is case of recursive symlinks. How can I get rid of this case. If issue 'rmdir dir' ,surely ...

  1. how to remove a soft link created on the same directory

    Hi
    I created a soft link to the directory in the following manner:
    cd /home/user_abc/
    ln -s /home/user_abc/dir dir

    So now this is case of recursive symlinks. How can I get rid of this
    case. If issue 'rmdir dir'
    ,surely it will delete the directory. is there any way just to break
    the symlink.

    Tx
    Vaibhav

  2. Re: how to remove a soft link created on the same directory

    On 25 May 2007 02:54:21 -0700, vabby wrote:
    > Hi
    > I created a soft link to the directory in the following manner:
    > cd /home/user_abc/
    > ln -s /home/user_abc/dir dir
    >
    > So now this is case of recursive symlinks. How can I get rid of this
    > case.

    rm dir

  3. Re: how to remove a soft link created on the same directory

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 02:54:21 -0700, vabby wrote:

    > Hi
    > I created a soft link to the directory in the following manner:
    > cd /home/user_abc/
    > ln -s /home/user_abc/dir dir
    >
    > So now this is case of recursive symlinks. How can I get rid of this
    > case. If issue 'rmdir dir'
    > ,surely it will delete the directory. is there any way just to break
    > the symlink.
    >
    > Tx
    > Vaibhav

    you don't 'rmdir' links - you 'rm' them - so 'rm dir'.

+ Reply to Thread