Sound stopped working in Mandriva 2007 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Sound stopped working in Mandriva 2007 - Mandrake ; Hi My sound card has stopped working in Mandriva 2007. It was working fine this morning but I don't any sound out at all (its on a notebook, have turned the volume all the way up an plugged in a ...

  1. Sound stopped working in Mandriva 2007

    Hi

    My sound card has stopped working in Mandriva 2007. It was working fine
    this morning but I don't any sound out at all (its on a notebook, have
    turned the volume all the way up an plugged in a pair of head phones).
    Here is the information that I get for my card from MCC:

    dentification
    Vendor: ‎Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]

    Media class: ‎MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO

    Connection
    Bus: ‎PCI

    Bus PCI #: ‎0

    PCI device #: ‎2

    PCI function #: ‎7

    Vendor ID: ‎0x1039

    Device ID: ‎0x7012

    Sub vendor ID: ‎0x1734

    Sub device ID: ‎0x1055

    Driver
    Module: ‎snd-intel8x0

    Alternative drivers: ‎ali5455, i810_audio, nvaudio

    I have tried to play mp3s with Amarok and with mplayer, also videos with
    xine, vlc and mplayer and no sound from all. I have also tried changing
    the driver to the other options with out any luck.

    What could be the problem? What could I try to fix it? If you need any
    more information I'll gladly give it.

    Thanks
    Robert

  2. Re: Sound stopped working in Mandriva 2007

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 14:30:01 +0100, Robert Cook wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > My sound card has stopped working in Mandriva 2007. It was working fine
    > this morning but I don't any sound out at all (its on a notebook, have
    > turned the volume all the way up an plugged in a pair of head phones).
    > Here is the information that I get for my card from MCC:
    >
    > dentification
    > Vendor: ‎Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]

    > Media class: ‎MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO
    >
    > Connection
    > Bus: ‎PCI
    >
    > Bus PCI #: ‎0
    >
    > PCI device #: ‎2
    >
    > PCI function #: ‎7
    >
    > Vendor ID: ‎0x1039
    >
    > Device ID: ‎0x7012
    >
    > Sub vendor ID: ‎0x1734
    >
    > Sub device ID: ‎0x1055
    >
    > Driver
    > Module: ‎snd-intel8x0
    >
    > Alternative drivers: ‎ali5455, i810_audio, nvaudio
    >
    > I have tried to play mp3s with Amarok and with mplayer, also videos with
    > xine, vlc and mplayer and no sound from all. I have also tried changing
    > the driver to the other options with out any luck.
    >
    > What could be the problem? What could I try to fix it? If you need any
    > more information I'll gladly give it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Robert

    Open a console and enter 'alsamixer' (without quotes). If any of the
    channels are muted you can use your arrow keys and 'm' key to re-set
    them. It's a good idea to have an audio track of some sort playing at the
    time so that you can be sure it sounds right.

    Then store the settings (I think it's 'alsactl store')

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

+ Reply to Thread