samba & qemu (running win98) - Mandrake

This is a discussion on samba & qemu (running win98) - Mandrake ; I'm trying to allow a qemu session running win98 to have access to a directory on my computer. According to documentation I need to put the line '10.0.2.4 smbserver' into the lmhosts file in the c:/windows directory as seen in ...

  1. samba & qemu (running win98)

    I'm trying to allow a qemu session running win98 to have access to a
    directory on my computer.

    According to documentation I need to put the line '10.0.2.4 smbserver'
    into the lmhosts file in the c:/windows directory as seen in the qemu
    session. I've done this, and I have verified that the samba daemons are
    running (via mcc, system, services panel).

    The qemu session unfortunately does not see the directory when I use the
    start as: qemu -no-kqemu -smb $HOME/Documents win98.img &

    Maybe I'm not locating the host directory correctly under win98, otherwise I
    have no idea.

    TIA

    Rob.

  2. Re: samba & qemu (running win98)

    Rob wrote:

    > I'm trying to allow a qemu session running win98 to have access to a
    > directory on my computer.
    >
    > According to documentation I need to put the line '10.0.2.4
    > smbserver' into the lmhosts file in the c:/windows directory as seen in
    > the qemu
    > session. I've done this, and I have verified that the samba daemons are
    > running (via mcc, system, services panel).
    >
    > The qemu session unfortunately does not see the directory when I use the
    > start as: qemu -no-kqemu -smb $HOME/Documents win98.img &
    >
    > Maybe I'm not locating the host directory correctly under win98, otherwise
    > I have no idea.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Rob.

    I am running VMware server with two virtual n/w cards. One in bridged mode
    to enable access to the Ethernet network (and my router), the second in
    host-only mode (and samba server running on Mandriva) enables me to 'see'
    the contents of the partition upon which VMware server is installed. In my
    case /home. VMware server can be freely downloaded. However, it only
    recognises USB1.1. I'm running Win98 on it. Very stable. It might be a
    useful alternative if you don't get a more helpful reply.

    Alan

+ Reply to Thread