xCHM error message - Mandrake

This is a discussion on xCHM error message - Mandrake ; When I start xCHM, I get "Failed to display HTML document in ISO-8859-1 encoding". Googling for this error points to some Chinese pages which I don't understand. I am using Mandriva 2007 powerpack which contains xCHM package. The FAQ of ...

  1. xCHM error message

    When I start xCHM, I get "Failed to display HTML document in ISO-8859-1
    encoding". Googling for this error points to some Chinese pages which I
    don't understand. I am using Mandriva 2007 powerpack which contains xCHM
    package. The FAQ of xchm.sourceforge.net doesn't contain this problem.

  2. Re: xCHM error message

    I know, I've just recently been able to reproduce the problem myself.
    Apparently that happens when you link against a version of wxGTK that
    has wide char support, but not proper Unicode support built in. I can
    only assume that it's a wxWidgets problem.

    I'm working on suppressing the error messages (which about all I can
    do), and hopefully the next source code version will fix this issue
    (v1.14?). I hope to be able to do that sometime next week.

  3. Re: xCHM error message

    You should try to checkout the CVS HEAD version of xCHM. The
    SourceForge.net project page has documentation about how to do that.
    It should be fixed there.
    The official release for 1.14 will follow as soon as there's enough
    new code to justify a full blown release, but in the meantime the CVS
    source code should be robust enough.

+ Reply to Thread