2007 and compiz - Mandrake

This is a discussion on 2007 and compiz - Mandrake ; I've been a Mandrake/Mandriva user for years. I just recently upgraded (clean install) 2007, and am trying to get compiz to work. Video Config: Nvidia 6200LE GPU. 1680x1050 LCD display. Nvidia 9755 drivers. Trying to keep things simple, I have ...

  1. 2007 and compiz

    I've been a Mandrake/Mandriva user for years.

    I just recently upgraded (clean install) 2007, and am trying to get
    compiz to work.

    Video Config: Nvidia 6200LE GPU. 1680x1050 LCD display. Nvidia 9755
    drivers.

    Trying to keep things simple, I have the basic install, plus
    kernel-source and the Nvidia drivers. The Nvidia drivers installed
    cleanly, and run.

    How do I get compiz up and running? I'm sure this is a FAQ or there's a
    HOWTO out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

    Thanks,

    red floyd

  2. Re: 2007 and compiz

    On Apr 17, 12:19 pm, red floyd wrote:
    > I've been a Mandrake/Mandriva user for years.
    >
    > I just recently upgraded (clean install) 2007, and am trying to get
    > compiz to work.
    >
    > Video Config: Nvidia 6200LE GPU. 1680x1050 LCD display. Nvidia 9755
    > drivers.
    >
    > Trying to keep things simple, I have the basic install, plus
    > kernel-source and the Nvidia drivers. The Nvidia drivers installed
    > cleanly, and run.
    >
    > How do I get compiz up and running? I'm sure this is a FAQ or there's a
    > HOWTO out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > red floyd

    I never had any luck getting compiz to run on my Mandriva 2007
    install. However I was able to get Beryl working, although it does
    slow the system down a bit.

  3. Re: 2007 and compiz

    red floyd wrote:

    > How do I get compiz up and running? I'm sure this is a FAQ or there's a
    > HOWTO out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

    Configure Your Computer / Hardware / 3D

    I have tried it on my laptop with Xgl and it worked OK but others have
    reported problems...

  4. Re: 2007 and compiz

    On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:41:53 -0700, Evil Bastard wrote:

    > On Apr 17, 12:19 pm, red floyd wrote:
    >> I've been a Mandrake/Mandriva user for years.
    >>
    >> I just recently upgraded (clean install) 2007, and am trying to get
    >> compiz to work.
    >>
    >> Video Config: Nvidia 6200LE GPU. 1680x1050 LCD display. Nvidia 9755
    >> drivers.
    >>
    >> Trying to keep things simple, I have the basic install, plus
    >> kernel-source and the Nvidia drivers. The Nvidia drivers installed
    >> cleanly, and run.
    >>
    >> How do I get compiz up and running? I'm sure this is a FAQ or there's a
    >> HOWTO out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> red floyd

    > I never had any luck getting compiz to run on my Mandriva 2007
    > install. However I was able to get Beryl working, although it does
    > slow the system down a bit.

    Really, all beryl does is crash my x-server. it might be just the fact
    that xorg decided to reinvent the wheel with video card.

  5. Re: 2007 and compiz

    red floyd wrote:
    > How do I get compiz up and running? I'm sure this is a FAQ or there's a
    > HOWTO out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > red floyd

    Do you have direct rendering configured?

    # glxinfo|grep direct

    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.
    http://adamslan.shyper.com -*- Mandriva User# 263042

    Ferguson's Precept:
    A crisis is when you can't say "let's forget the whole thing."