Speedtouch router 716iv5 wl wit wpa and Mandriva2006 - Mandrake

This is a discussion on Speedtouch router 716iv5 wl wit wpa and Mandriva2006 - Mandrake ; I have a Speedtouch 716iv5 WL router with WPA((WPA-PSK TKIP) securtity. I cannot connect with my mandriva system to the router. Another router with WEP security is no problem. Also tried it with a Mandriva 2007 but have the same ...

  1. Speedtouch router 716iv5 wl wit wpa and Mandriva2006

    I have a Speedtouch 716iv5 WL router with WPA((WPA-PSK TKIP) securtity. I
    cannot connect with my mandriva system to the router. Another router with
    WEP security is no problem.
    Also tried it with a Mandriva 2007 but have the same problem. Windowsxp
    machines don't have this problem. They connect perfectly.

    Which steps do I have to take to make it work ?
    Which rpm's must be installed ?

  2. Re: Speedtouch router 716iv5 wl wit wpa and Mandriva2006

    Martje wrote:

    > I have a Speedtouch 716iv5 WL router with WPA((WPA-PSK TKIP) securtity. I
    > cannot connect with my mandriva system to the router. Another router with
    > WEP security is no problem.
    > Also tried it with a Mandriva 2007 but have the same problem. Windowsxp
    > machines don't have this problem. They connect perfectly.
    >
    > Which steps do I have to take to make it work ?
    > Which rpm's must be installed ?

    Maybe you need wpa_supplicant, just found there is even wpa_gui ...

  3. Re: Speedtouch router 716iv5 wl wit wpa and Mandriva2006

    I already installed wpa_supplicant ...

    "Walter Mautner" wrote in message
    > Martje wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Speedtouch 716iv5 WL router with WPA((WPA-PSK TKIP) securtity. I
    >> cannot connect with my mandriva system to the router. Another router with
    >> WEP security is no problem.
    >> Also tried it with a Mandriva 2007 but have the same problem. Windowsxp
    >> machines don't have this problem. They connect perfectly.
    >>
    >> Which steps do I have to take to make it work ?
    >> Which rpm's must be installed ?

    > Maybe you need wpa_supplicant, just found there is even wpa_gui ...
    > --
    > vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse found penguin patterns
    > on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
    > incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
    > Linux 2.6.17-mm1,Xorg7.1/nvidia [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

+ Reply to Thread