firefox2.0.0.1 download - Mandrake

This is a discussion on firefox2.0.0.1 download - Mandrake ; http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm The innovative Firefox browser makes surfing the web faster and safer. With the included Google Toolbar, features like AutoFill and SpellCheck will make browsing more convenient. Together, they'll change the way you use the Internet - for free. Join ...

  1. firefox2.0.0.1 download

    http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm

    The innovative Firefox browser makes surfing the web faster and safer.
    With the included Google Toolbar, features like AutoFill and
    SpellCheck will make browsing more convenient. Together, they'll
    change the way you use the Internet - for free. Join the millions of
    people worldwide enjoying a better Web experience. Download Mozilla
    Firefox now and get the most of the web!

    A Better Web Experience ! Advantages of Firefox over Internet Explorer
    Tabbed Browsing
    Save time by viewing more than one page in a window
    Pop-up Blocking
    Block annoying pop-up ads
    Better Security
    Help keep computers safe from malicious spyware
    Google Toolbar
    Enhanced search box suggests queries as you type
    Tabbed Bookmarking
    Save group of your favorite sites and open them simultaneously
    Search the content of a site quickly and easily

    http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm

  2. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    On 25 Feb 2007 07:46:19 -0800, xiao.a.china@gmail.com wrote:
    > http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm

    Why would we want to go to a site in China, click to allow your site
    when we can get a better copy directly from http://mozilla.com.

  3. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On 25 Feb 2007 07:46:19 -0800, xiao.a.china@gmail.com wrote:
    >> http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm

    > Why would we want to go to a site in China, click to allow your site
    > when we can get a better copy directly from http://mozilla.com.

    Because it's a wintroll.

  4. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On 25 Feb 2007 07:46:19 -0800, xiao.a.china@gmail.com wrote:
    >> http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm

    > Why would we want to go to a site in China, click to allow your site
    > when we can get a better copy directly from http://mozilla.com.

    Have you tried his website. I went there and it looks terrible. And I am
    using FireFox

    --
    MicroSoft's NEW Motto: "Good enough." When you're on top, that's the
    only standard that matters.

  5. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:48:02 -0800, David wrote:

    > Have you tried his website. I went there and it looks terrible. And I am
    > using FireFox

    Yep, running new/improved firefox 2.0.0.2 myself.

    Only 4 visual errors as I see it. Then again I have privoxy installed
    and it blocked some images.
    Running the site through http://validator.w3.org/ showed 15 errors.

    With more and more java exploits, I surf with it off. I sure as h311
    do not want to surf any unknown site with java on.

    Looking at the source, it had some funny stuff at the bottom. I did not
    spend any time looking at it.

  6. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On 25 Feb 2007 07:46:19 -0800, xiao.a.china@gmail.com wrote:
    >> http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm

    > Why would we want to go to a site in China, click to allow your site
    > when we can get a better copy directly from http://mozilla.com.

    I was thinking the same thing.

    Perhaps the Chinese aren't allowed to access the Mozilla site
    and this is a way around it. (I've heard their web access is
    very restricted).

    Or perhaps this version of Firefox has been 'customized' with
    password sniffers and keyloggers

  7. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:05:16 -0600, Jim Townsend wrote:

    > Or perhaps this version of Firefox has been 'customized' with
    > password sniffers and keyloggers

    That was my basic thought.
    It is downright stupid to download from an untrusted site. :-(
    It is bad enough with trusted sites getting cracked.

    With all the cross site scripting and whatnot problems, it is better to close
    the browser, open it again, go straight to the vendor site to get your
    update/download.

  8. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    Due to the clearing effect of the killfile
    I was able to see Bit Twister say:

    > On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:48:02 -0800, David wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried his website. I went there and it looks terrible. And I am
    >> using FireFox

    > Yep, running new/improved firefox 2.0.0.2 myself.
    >
    > Only 4 visual errors as I see it. Then again I have privoxy installed
    > and it blocked some images.
    > Running the site through http://validator.w3.org/ showed 15 errors.
    >
    > With more and more java exploits, I surf with it off. I sure as h311
    > do not want to surf any unknown site with java on.
    >
    > Looking at the source, it had some funny stuff at the bottom. I did not
    > spend any time looking at it.

    It's a sloppy site, that's for sure. In any case I couldn't get a firefox
    download started using firefox here. Maybe it's an IE only site Okay,
    so windows only anyway. Seems to work in windows IE/firefox.

    Seems to direct to a google download, which informed me that I already had
    firefox installed and that I should just get the latest google toolbar...

    --
    Tim Fairchild - Queensland Australia
    Mandriva Linux release 2007.0 (Official) for x86_64

  9. Re: firefox2.0.0.1 download

    On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:12:46 +1000, Tim Fairchild wrote:

    > It's a sloppy site, that's for sure. In any case I couldn't get a firefox
    > download started using firefox here. Maybe it's an IE only site

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ was having problems earlier today.
    Guessing it was swamped with people getting updates.
    Just checked and it pops up like normal at this time.
    Sun Feb 25 17:47:49 CST 2007

+ Reply to Thread