DVD ripping - Mandrake

This is a discussion on DVD ripping - Mandrake ; Hi there. I like Linux but use Windows at present cos I can't find any Linux apps which have all the features of DVD Shrink or DVD Fab, ie decrypting DVDs so you can burn them to DVD-R. Is there ...

  1. DVD ripping

    Hi there.

    I like Linux but use Windows at present cos I can't find any Linux apps
    which have all the features of DVD Shrink or DVD Fab, ie decrypting DVDs so
    you can burn them to DVD-R.

    Is there such a thing on Linux?

    Thanks

  2. Re: DVD ripping

    Richard wrote:

    > Hi there.
    >
    > I like Linux but use Windows at present cos I can't find any Linux apps
    > which have all the features of DVD Shrink or DVD Fab, ie decrypting DVDs
    > so you can burn them to DVD-R.
    >
    > Is there such a thing on Linux?
    >
    > Thanks

    do a google search for k9copy

    then if u have plf set as one of your sources u can just as root

    urpmi k9copy

  3. Re: DVD ripping

    "patrick darcy" wrote in message
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there.
    >>
    >> I like Linux but use Windows at present cos I can't find any Linux apps
    >> which have all the features of DVD Shrink or DVD Fab, ie decrypting DVDs
    >> so you can burn them to DVD-R.
    >>
    >> Is there such a thing on Linux?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > do a google search for k9copy
    >

    > then if u have plf set as one of your sources u can just as root
    >
    > urpmi k9copy

    Thanks, I will look at this.

  4. Re: DVD ripping

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:39:04 +0000, Andrew Ed wrote:

    > It's called:-
    >
    > dvdshrink

    Strange that eh, same programme on another platform ;-)

    > Do a search for dvdshrink-2.6.0-1plf.noarch or possibly newer
    >
    > It's console based and it works.

    Works well with the front end xDVDShrink too.

  5. Re: DVD ripping

    Blue wrote:

    > > It's called:-
    > >
    > > dvdshrink

    I have good luck with k9copy-1.0.4-3plf2007.0 on Mandriva 2007.0.

    > Strange that eh, same programme on another platform ;-)
    >

    > > Do a search for dvdshrink-2.6.0-1plf.noarch or possibly newer
    > >
    > > It's console based and it works.

    > Works well with the front end xDVDShrink too.

    Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.